“Delicious/great service”

Peekamoose Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Big Indian
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed January 4, 2013

The food was so good that I wish a lived closer to go again! The waiter was attentive and knew the menu well for recommendations. We were a group of 6 and no one had any complaints. Portions were generous and the ambiance was cozy and warm. If you are nearby make a reservation and don't miss the opportunity to enjoy a meal here.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

We loved the atmosphere and food so much!! The service was excellent!! Highly recommended. Kids meals were plentiful and great quality.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

This restaurant is consistently above the rest. The atmosphere is awesome and the food is always delicious and beautifully presented. Never seems to amaze me just how much this chef puts in to his food. Locally grown, a well planned menu always fresh and I have never been disappointed. The wine choices are excellent and the staff is great. Bar seats are the best.!!!
My favorite place in the region

Reviewed December 1, 2012

Can't fault anything. I know most people eat out for the meat, but it was the quality of the veg dishes that set Peakamoose apart. Onion tart and beets as starters and excellent roast sprouts set off a fine steak and succulent pork. Service was just right, and the drink in the bar beforehand was a great decision. Beautiful dining room and bar. We have eaten in 35 States in the last couple of years, and I cannot remember a better meal.

Reviewed November 28, 2012

My husband and I spent a lovely Thanksgiving at the rustic Peekamoose Restaurant this year. Everything here is locally grown/raised or pretty close anyway. The menu is based on whatever happens to be fresh and available.

We had made reservations, when we arrived the hostess asked us if we would like to wait for a table by the window or be seated immediately elsewhere. We opted to wait while having a drink in the rustic bar. The slection of craft beers is amazing and the winelist is incredible! For the wine-challenged, the list even has a description of every wine offered. The prix-fixe Thanksgiving menu included an appetizer, entree and dessert for $36 per person. Everything was excellent! The pumpkin dessert (a mousse or custard, I can't remeber what they called it) was phenomenal, the pumpkin was fresh, not canned. The service was friendly and attentive, even for a busy holiday.

I can recommend this place without hesitation. We had a lovely, romantic evening.