“Peekamoose Restaurant”

Peekamoose Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Big Indian
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
New York City, New York
“Peekamoose Restaurant”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

We loved the atmosphere and food so much!! The service was excellent!! Highly recommended. Kids meals were plentiful and great quality.

Visited December 2012

Mount Tremper, New York
“Best Food and Atmosphere”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

This restaurant is consistently above the rest. The atmosphere is awesome and the food is always delicious and beautifully presented. Never seems to amaze me just how much this chef puts in to his food. Locally grown, a well planned menu always fresh and I have never been disappointed. The wine choices are excellent and the staff is great. Bar seats are the best.!!!
My favorite place in the region

• Visited December 2012
Greenwich, Connecticut
“Tremendous”
Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

Can't fault anything. I know most people eat out for the meat, but it was the quality of the veg dishes that set Peakamoose apart. Onion tart and beets as starters and excellent roast sprouts set off a fine steak and succulent pork. Service was just right, and the drink in the bar beforehand was a great decision. Beautiful dining room and bar. We have eaten in 35 States in the last couple of years, and I cannot remember a better meal.

NJ
“Best Thanksgiving Ever”
Reviewed November 28, 2012

My husband and I spent a lovely Thanksgiving at the rustic Peekamoose Restaurant this year. Everything here is locally grown/raised or pretty close anyway. The menu is based on whatever happens to be fresh and available.

We had made reservations, when we arrived the hostess asked us if we would like to wait for a table by the window or be seated immediately elsewhere. We opted to wait while having a drink in the rustic bar. The slection of craft beers is amazing and the winelist is incredible! For the wine-challenged, the list even has a description of every wine offered. The prix-fixe Thanksgiving menu included an appetizer, entree and dessert for $36 per person. Everything was excellent! The pumpkin dessert (a mousse or custard, I can't remeber what they called it) was phenomenal, the pumpkin was fresh, not canned. The service was friendly and attentive, even for a busy holiday.

I can recommend this place without hesitation. We had a lovely, romantic evening.

• Visited November 2012
Upstate NY
“Place gets busy because the food is good”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

We ate here with a group of 4 a few months back. The place was absolutely packed, we had a reservation and did not wait long to be seated. The service was rather slow (10 min + to get a drink or refill) but the waiter did a decent job otherwise.

The food was amazing!

Apps were large enough to share, very creative in their flavor combinations and very tasty.

I had the pork loin entree and WOW! I didn't know pork could be so good, really great.To clarify, I mean great like this meal ruined me for all other pork dishes I will ever eat, none will compare. Others in the group had the short ribs and roasted chicken and everyone was pleased. I think the pork and short ribs were enjoyed slightly more than the chicken though.

Dessert was very good as well but dinner was definitely the star of the show, as it should be.

Entrees ranged from $17-$30, they have a great beer selection and a pretty solid wine selection.

Visited September 2012