All reviews get away fire pit enjoy nature cabin experience run around rustic cabin full kitchen beautiful scenery fireplace property stove weekend fridge hike creek backyard pa
Selected filters
Reviewed August 27, 2019

We are enjoying our stay in this rustic cabin. It is clean and at a fair price point. However I could not recommend it for older adults, due to the quite uneven floor, and the couch that is way too low at 12 inches off the ground.

Otherwise quiet and comfortable.Very good Internet.

Date of stay: August 2019
Reviewed July 15, 2019 via mobile

The check in was very nice
The cottage was a little small for a 3 bedroom, the rooms where tiny, but the beds very comfortable
Not enough utensils for the kitchen area
The sofa bed did not work
The coffee maker did work either
The view in the backyard was amazing, mountain everywhere, Rivers everywhere, the closest town is Phonecia, beautiful place
Very peaceful and cozy place

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed April 15, 2019

I traveled to Cold Spring Lodge and was not disappointed. The cabins are very rustic and warm, and everything you need is provided. The management was very kind. I arrived prior to a big snowstorm, and it was so peaceful and beautiful. The caretaker even shoveled a path so I could get to the car. Everything kept working, too, even during the storm. I will be back again!

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed March 20, 2019

what a great place to unwind and relax . have been going there for a few years now. nothing fancy just good clean cabins and great grounds. wonderful place for a quick weekend getaway. enjoy the evenings sitting around the fire pit . cool off in the pool on hot days. great staff very very nice and helpful!!!! full kitchen and bathroom in each cabin and bbq outside for your grilling. cant wait to go back

Date of stay: July 2018
Reviewed January 7, 2019

This review is specific to Cabin #6, from Spring of 2018.

We were a large group taking up 5 cabins, so I have been inside EVERY cabin.
The discrepancy of quality is astonishing. Our cabin #6 was a shed, with no heating or real kitchen. Other cabins were the Ritz, completely renovated with new carpeting, finished walls and working kitchen and fireplace that was warm and inviting. All cabins cost the same.

The problems with Cabin #6. Sit down.

There was some small animal/large bug FECES (see photo) on all the dishes and pots and lids — we had to buy paper plates and eat out. I could not cook meals for my child using the poop-laden dishes, we had 1 dish that was poop-free, that we used over and over. The floor sloped down severely toward the kitchen, and was filthy. We wore shoes the entire time, while in other cabins, they walked barefoot. The poop alone is a health violation and a safety hazard. Had I not noticed this, we would have eaten poop while cooking and fallen sick, potentially fatal.

Because of the excrement problem, I recommend you bring EVERYTHING, right down to cutting board, pots and pans, wine glasses, everything. NOTHING IS CLEAN - buy paper plates. Buy toilet paper. Buy soap. Do not use the cutting board, the pots, plates, cups, nothing. They are all covered in bug poop.

In addition:
The kitchen sponge was used and frayed from weeks of previous guest use - it had large food pieces stuck on it, as did spatulas. There's no evidence of cleaning between guests, only changing of the sheets.

Our windows were duct-taped closed (which let in cold air), while all other cabins had working windows with good insulation. You could not open the windows to vent, or to let in fresh air.

The lights in the living room did not work! Lamps were broken. There was one small working bulb on the fan It was always dark, and we used our flashlight and cell phone light each evening This is an electrical issue. The outlet did not work in the kitchen (but they did in every other cabin.)

The microwave was not cleaned out AT ALL, which they think you're too dumb to notice because it's high atop the fridge, so it's not apparent until you slide out your plate, and 25 dried crumbs of varying degrees of burntness comes sliding out all over your face below. And if you are anything shorter than 5' 5", you need to stand on a chair to reach the microwave.

The thermostat is broken and there is NO heat. We froze and wore 4 layers and our winter coats upon waking up. NO HEAT. The thermostat is lever, is broken off and missing (see photo). The manager outright lied when he said we can set the thermostat - it does not work.

Our carpeting and rug was filthy (see photo). It's incredible they charge $200 a night for this. Seriously, you can buy a new rug for $2 at Dollar General.

The chairs in this cabin are homemade. Which is ok if someone knew the physics of building a chair. 2 out of 4 chairs were broken. The chairs were basically held together with spit and gum, built in a way that is extremely back-heavy, so when you sit, it tilts backward and you fall over. I fell once, and my daughter fell over twice, thankfully her head hit the sofa and not the floor. One by one, we moved chairs toward the wall so she and other kids would not sit on it and get injured. In the end we wound up with two usable chairs - 1 of which was iffy.

There was NO usable outlet in the kitchen/living area (See photo). The only usable outlet was oddly on top of the mantle. So we tried to place the toaster there.

The TV provides roughly two watchable channels. Bring your laptop and a wifi connector.

(Photos) The bathroom had a filthy toilet scrubber. It looked like it was from 1989, and just absolutely stunk. The carpeting was disconnected from the kitchen floor, so you would trip every time you walked over it. Don't get me started on the shower.

Our cabin was just so filthy. This was a heath violation from top to bottom. Friends came to our cabin, asking why the area near the roof was open, because the other cabins had it properly walled off. It's bizarre, like there's no ceiling - you see the inside of the roof.

There is a bear problem. We did not see any, but the bears apparently get into the trash cans in the mornings, so they keep it locked up. Your trash will pile up fast and there's nowhere to put it.

The discrepancy between cabins was so great, that our friends could not believe we paid the same as them. Other cabins had a new stove, microwave, flooring, furniture that was inviting, new cabinets and clean carpeting, and very practical layouts of furniture.

The owners do not inspect a cabin after one guest leaves. We were really taken aback at the lack of concern - they just take your money and give you crap to stay in.

We all travel annually with another 4 to 6 families to mountain cabins. This was the absolute worst.

Due to the poor response regarding the uninhabitable nature of our shed, I decided to finally post this review. I contacted and emailed and called the owner several times after our stay, and I believe they avoided my calls, knowing who it was from. They did refund a measly $50, which does not begin to cover our horrible weekend. The manager, upon checkout, also acknowledged, verbatim, "I know that cabin, structurally, isn't as good as the others."

They simply cannot have cabins of such incredible varying degrees of quality, and charge the same price for them all. Ours was utterly filthy, with no working heat, and crap-filled dishes and sparse amenities. What a waste of money. The only saving grace was that we were not here alone, but with good friends to give us company, and of course, a lot wine (at someone else's cabin) helps you forget. Actually I needed wine for weeks AFTER this trip to help the trauma that accompanied this stay.

Might I advise, if after reading this, you still think Cabin 6 is going to come through for you like a lying politician, do not do so with children, it is a safety hazard. You wouldn't want your toddlers licking those pot lids.

Date of stay: April 2018