“Great relaxing time with family”
Review of Cold Spring Lodge

Cold Spring Lodge
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Big Indian
“Great relaxing time with family”
Reviewed April 10, 2014

We liked our stay and planning to come back- kids and adults enjoyed the fresh air, nature's views and cozy setting. The service was great- our requests were satisfied speedily and courteously. We liked the outdoors and the warmth of a fireplace in a family atmosphere.

• Stayed November 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
New York City, New York
Reviewed April 10, 2014

I returned to Cold Spring Lodge this March after an absence of close to 2 years. I was happy to say the place was as great as when I was last up there. The new manager is a local person so the place has not become too “citified” like some other places in the area. The land is as beautiful as ever, and I can’t wait to return in the late spring for some good hiking. Next year I am hoping to come up for turkey hunting season, the back hill around the stream directly behind the cabins was packed with them. If you are looking for a break from the city, this is the spot. I highly recommend Cold Spring to all who enjoy the outdoors.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
White Plains, New York
Reviewed April 10, 2014

Went up in January with a bunch of ladies. We had a ball. Everyone is so nice and it is beautiful up there. Close to great food and cute shops. They went out of their way to accomodate anything we needed. Definitely going back this summer.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 10, 2014

Last summer, me, my sister and my daughter were looking something trying to escape from the hot city to some place with nature, secluded dwelling, pool, quite neighbors. And we found one - Cold Spring Lodge. The price was fair, perfect location, far from the main road, separate house and a lot of green grass around, deers, bunnies are everywhere. I recommended this place to my friends and they stayed there too and were very satisfied. Although kitchen and cafe n the main building were closed, we went to buy food on our own and cooked in our houses's kitchen. Also you can you grill outside on the porch. Nice place.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Wilmington, Delaware
Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

My sister and I stayed at Cold Spring in mid Jan 2014. The beginning of my experience with Cold Spring was very positive. I emailed the lodge late night asking if they had availability and they responded almost immediately (within 1/2 hour at 12 midnight!). I was very impressed! The manager (I believe her name is Joan) was so friendly upon arrival and very willing to answer all questions we had. Given the fact that we arrived fairly late day #1 (around 8pm), we ate at a local restaurant (Peek-a-moose --- I highly recommend) and retired to bed early. The next morning I awoke to the sound of what I thought was the house settling. I dozed off and then was quickly awakened again by the same sound. At this point, I decided to wake up and shower. As I was stepping out of the shower, I hear my sister scream and tell me that she just saw a mouse scurrying around in the kitchen (I realized at this point that the sound I heard must have been mice crawling in the walls). I quickly dressed and looked in the kitchen. I saw the mouse in the kitchen and thought well it is winter, its not a big deal. We then went out for approx. 4 hrs. Upon our return, we noticed there were MULTIPLE mice running from a closet in the kitchen to the area behind the stove. There was some sort of mouse bait there, and one at a time, they would run, then eat the bait and then run back inside the pantry. We stood there for over 15 mins and could not believe how many mice we saw running back and forth. We decided we could not stay a minute longer and checked out about 12 hrs early. I'd also like to note that the mouse problem was so bad that we checked out in the middle of the night. The amount of mice in the cabin was indicative of a severe infestation that was obviously not properly managed.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
6 Thank NatalieGpsu
Kundapa W, Owner at Cold Spring Lodge, responded to this review, March 30, 2014
We are very sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay and experienced mice issues. Thank you for letting us know. We really appreciate it. We actually have never had other guests complaining about the mice infestation. Our lodge manager checked with other guests who stayed at the same cabin you did a few months before and after your stay and no one experienced any mice issues. After receiving your review, we had our maintenance staff check to see if there were any holes in the wall and any signs of mice infestation and he could not find any. We also contacted an exterminator to investigate the issues and the result was no mice infestation. Our apologies again for your disappointment.
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Finding this place was like finding my very own treasure. The altitude on this side of the mountain is so calm and peaceful, it really allows you to re-connect with yourself from the hustle and bustle of busy NYC. Upon every visit my experience keeps getting better as I discover new trails and activities. With the help of Joan, the most thoughtful and informative hotel manager, you are sure to have a memorable experience. The rooms are very neat and spacious and the fireplace helps make a most cozy and relaxing ambiance. The hotel office is very helpful therefore, do not hesistate if you have any questions. I wouldn't worry about cell phones or laptops while on your visit to ColdSprings rather bring a nice book or a camera to really get out and explore Nature. It's a great place for couples as well as children, as it has a little bit of something for everyone and enough space for everyone to really enjoy their moments of peace and relaxation.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Blauvelt, New York
Reviewed January 9, 2014

My family stayed in a cabin at Cold Spring Lodge for three nights over the New Years holiday. Upon arrival we were all pleasantly surprised by the well stocked spacious and clean cabin. We were concerned that we may have forgotten some things that we may need for the 4 day 3 night stay, but everything we needed was there. The proximity to skiing and some great food was perfect, yet just far enough off the beaten path to give you the feel of being in your own little wilderness. Warming up in front of the fire after a day of skiing was priceless. Being able to bring our dog Sierra was a big plus. She had plenty of room to run and play without being a disturbance to others staying at the lodge. The best part of this place is the staff and service. Joan and the young men that were helping her could not have been more friendly and accommodating. If we needed anything, all we had to do was ask and it was taken care of with a smile. There were friends of ours staying at another location and we kept telling them that we couldn't believe how the people at Cold Spring Lodge went out of their way to make sure that everything was as you needed and that nothing was going to interfere with you having a great stay. We are already planning another trip to Cold Spring Lodge with a group of families for a long ski weekend. Thanks Joan and staff!!

Room Tip: Cabin 5 is at the end of the row of cabins so it feels a little more offset from the others. Cabin 6...