Cold Spring Lodge
Starlite Motel(Big Indian)(Great Value!)
$99
$160
Hotels.com
Black Bear Lodge(Prattsville)
$95
$130
$90
Xenia Resort(Hunter)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Beachfront
All reviewshiking trailsfire pitcoffee filtersbooked cabingreat outdoorsthese cabinsfolding chairstype of placeour honeymoonlow keyfamily reunionfull kitchencatskill mountainsliving rooma great place to staymattfireplace
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 28, 2012

We wanted to escape the Cape at the end of summer, and what better place to escape to then the mountains? Cold Spring Lodge was above our expectations. Our backyard had views of mountains that we loved hiking every day, and our own fire pit that we made use of nightly! Our cabin had room for the eight of us and was comfortable and clean. Brad was the perfect host! The cabins are located close to the adorable town of Phoenicia, and Woodstock. We talk about our visit all the time and cannot wait for the day we return to Cold Spring Lodge!

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank Amandasbananas
Reviewed September 28, 2012

My family and I have been going to the same area in the Catskill Mountains for over 50 years. About 23 years ago we started staying at Cold Spring Lodge and we absolutely love it. It is such a beautiful area. The new management is upgrading to make it even more pleasant. They have put hiking trails in the mountain behind the cabins. This year we got to take my first grandchild with us and she was only 5 months old at the time. We like the fact that we can take our dogs with us and we build fires every night in the fire pit outside and all sit around and catch up........I meet cousins there - we rent 4 cabins when we go so it's more like a family reunion. I really like the fact that they have a swimming pool, but there is a lovely lake area very nearby if you want to go boating. There are some very nice restaurants in the area.....the German restaurant right up the road owned by a man named Ralph has absolutely delicious food and the restaurant itself is very welcoming. If you want a wonderful, tranquil, peaceful vacation, Cold Spring Lodge is the place to have it!!!

Room Tip: All of the cabins are nice.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Kim K
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Rented a 2 bedroom cabin for my family (and our dog which they did not charge an extra fee for) - arrived and we felt as though they were waiting for us! Very friendly and accommodating - asking if we needed anything special. The cabin was cozy, clean and roomy - fireplace was great the first night. Second night we used the outdoor fire-pit and roasted marshmallows. The place is so beautiful and tranquil - there is a stream that runs along the back of the place that my kids enjoyed. The view from our back deck was just awesome. I am looking forward to returning when the leaves are in full color! Thank you Cold Spring Lodge! Certainly a great choice for the money!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Michele P
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I made a reservation on 7/24/12 i made a reservation for 9/22/12. On 9/12/12, they emailed me that they suddenly realized that my room was under renovation so they could not honor my reservation. However, they did have a room at a more expensive price. And they had a 2 night minimum which they would waive. They failed to state that with booking.com. So, after all this time, the closest hotel I could find was 90 minutes away. Clearly they wanted more money from me in the form of 2 nights or the more expensive room

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank sfleis2
Kundapa W, Owner at Cold Spring Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

I strongly apologize for what happened. We however did try to accommodate your needs by offering you a cabin with two bedrooms for the price of the one bedroom you reserved and you did not accept it. This issue happened because our former manager was leaving and did not inform Booking.com regarding the renovation. We have already informed Booking.com about the major renovation to ensure that this issue never happens again. We hope to welcome you back after the completion of the renovation. Thank you.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

This "resort" is in dire need of cleaning, updating and new management. My husband and I stayed there September 1st and 2nd in cabin number 5, which was billed as an "upgraded" cabin. Check-in was chaotic and I only hope the charge was correct. The new manager was being trained by the exiting manager and nothing seemed to be working. We'd traveled a long distance so I didn't inspect the cabin as closely as I should have done. The window sills were full of spiderwebs and insect husks,the microwave was filthy and missing a turntable. The storm door wouldn't close and it was filthy. There was no TV or WiFi; both were advertised as being available. There is no cell service, no restaurant and no bar. The map we were given was a topo map with no other information, like where a store or restaurant might be. I left this review in the cabin at checkout and had a call from the new manager, but really, what could be done? We won't go back again and I'm only posting this to balance the other reviews. Wish someone had done it before we booked a cabin here.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank D R
Kundapa W, Owner at Cold Spring Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2012

Thank you for your comments. We strongly apologize for any inconvenience. Our new manager has already started working with us and has repaired the windows and other items at the cabin you stayed. The TV and WIFI are working fine. We hope to welcome you again in the near future.