“Very nice for a family”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Big Indian
Rumson, New Jersey
“Very nice for a family”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

We have stayed at the starlite motel now 3 or 4 times. It's not luxurious to be sure, but is a great spot to stay when skiing or snowboarding nearby for a family. We jam a family of 5 into one of the rooms and have always enjoyed ourselves. The woman who runs the place is extremely nice and helpful. The kids love the breakfast provided every morning (cereal boxes and bagels in a basket). I would definitely stay again. Ask for a room closer to the office if you want the wifi to work well.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Reviewed February 15, 2014

I've stayed in other places in the area but this is my favorite and I'll be back. Low on frills but I am there to ski and sleep. Had everything me and my two kids needed. The continental breakfast was an added bonus. The rooms are clean and have a small kitchen to cook dinner after a long day on the slopes.

Tuckahoe, New York
Reviewed February 6, 2014

My husband and I booked a room the day of our stay so we could avoid driving up to Belleayre in the snowstorm.
The location is excellent. We were a few miles from the mountain.
Booking was easy, and they were very accommodating with our late arrival.
It was so nice to walk into our room and see our breakfast basket!
We stayed in Room 1 with a king bed. It had a memory foam mattress so we slept like babies.
The woman at the desk was so friendly and welcoming. (Sorry, I forgot her name).
And we got vouchers for discount lift tix for Belleayre.
Easy check-in, easy check-out, great value, clean, comfy bed, nice kitchen and bathroom, awesome breakfast basket, vouchers, and excellent location. We will definitely be returning.

Yardley, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Cute motel with full kitchens. Will definitely stay there again. Nice backyard area with fire pit. My husband built a nice fire so after a day of skiing we enjoyed hanging by the fire and meeting some fellow travelers. Only wish they had a hot tub, that would make it the place! Will stay there again. Very basic, but clean. Provide a nice basket for breakfast filled with muffins, cereal, granola bars, coffee, tea and hot chocolate.

Room Tip: They only have 8 rooms 3 of which allow pets, if you don't want a pet room, be sure to mention!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Wyckoff, New Jersey
Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

My family stayed here for one night while on a Belleayre ski weekend. The owner Michelle was great. We arrived on Saturday before check in on way to mountain and she let us unload our suitcases in our room even though it wasn't 100% ready for check in. The room was clean which was my main concern. There was a nice big basket with all kinds of cereal and bagels ect for breakfast. Plenty of outside space for the kids to play ( although b/c of cold they didn't do to much of that). I would definitely say the room is pretty basic but it got the job done. We were up early and at the mountain the next morning and it was very convenient. Would stay again.

New York City, New York
Reviewed January 30, 2014

I'm here for the skiing and it's real special to come home after a long day of skiing to such a warm and homey place. Michelle is so wonderful. She treats her guests with such care.

I highly recommend this gem.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Danbury, Connecticut
Reviewed January 27, 2014

recently my mother lost her home to a fire and we needed to find a temporary place for her to stay while she seeks long term housing. Michelle the owner - graciously opened her doors to my mom and her two dogs.

Since the first day my mom was there, Michelle and Lucy ( the house keeper) have been amazing and very accommodating, from making sure that my mom and the dogs are comfortable during their stay. They are both very sweet and caring ladies, and are making this very difficult time for my mom as comforting as possible.

Every morning a wide assortment of food and snacks are given to my mom, along with clean towels, and toiletries.

The room is very spacious and very clean, "homey" making the stay very comfortable, not like traditional motels that you want to leave faster than you get there.

Being in the mountains, it is very difficult to get a wireless signal, but Michelle has that covered, she has a signal booster for both AT&T and Verizon, which is great as I was able to get my mom a cell phone while she is there so she can keep in touch with everyone. Also having free Wi-Fi for all of the guests is a very nice addition as well.

I cant thank Michelle enough for helping out my mom and opening her doors for her, I highly recommend this motel to anyone and everyone that is going to be in the area, you wont regret the choice.

Matt H

Hotel Dylan
Hotel Dylan
#2 of 3 in Woodstock
Copper Kettle Motel Cottages

Been to Starlite Motel? Share your experiences!