All reviewsbreakfast basketpicnic tablesgranola barsfull kitchenfire pitbagelsmilk in the fridgeroom was cleanhome away from homebelleayre mountainplace to stayscreened in porchsmall kitchencharcoal grillpots and pansdefinitely stay here againdouble bed
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Place was great. Right by Bellayre. She brought us a breakfast basket, room was clean, check in and out was very easy. Couldn't have been better. She recommended the Peekmoose up the street for food which was the best restaurant I've been to in years.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 16, 2013

We chose the Starlite Motel after comparing prices and locations for a number of motels, inns, and B&Bs near the various Catskill ski areas. Starlite is just 2 miles from Belleayre Mountain, which seemed like a perfect fit. After booking, I realized I'd chosen the wrong date. Owner Michelle pleasantly answered my call and fixed my mistake immediately. After arriving at our hotel, we were thrilled to find a warm room (despite frigid temps outside), comfy beds, a shower with plenty of hot water and good pressure, a tv with free access to netflix, and a basket full of breakfast snacks. As vegans in the countryside during a snowstorm, we didn't know how much food we'd find in local restaurants, so access to a kitchen where we could cook our own meals was a huge plus. I spoke with Michelle a
few times during the weekend, and every time she was warm, attentive, and helpful. We look forward to visiting the region again and staying at the Starlite!

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Great little classic motel. The motel was very very clean which is really important to me since I use to work at a hotel. It had a nice kitchenette with breakfast foods- my husband loved the muffins- and cooking equipment which was nice for us. We brought eggs etc. from home since we wanted a nice big breakfast before hiking all day.
Looks like it was recently remodeled so the bathroom had nice new floor. Beds were quite comfortable. The woman that checked us in was very friendly and helpful. She asked if we were hikers and suggested some trails. She also offered to loan us some maps, but we had just purchased the.
We had a great stay. We'd definitely stay here again when we come to the Catskills. Was pretty central to the areas we were hiking and ended up being the perfect location for our trip.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank oshki
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Just go there, you won’t regret! We have stayed there couple of times, like their price, comfort, room service, location. Hiking, fishing, romance evenings, a comfortable base to explore and enjoy Catskills. There are no other choices for this price/quality ratio, either rooms will be negligent, either price will be too high. Will definitely go there again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 10, 2013

My husband and I just returned from our second weekend getaway at the Starlite Motel. We are both absolutely in love with this place! Michelle, our host, has turned this classic 1960’s era Catskills motel--located in the perfectly named town of Big Indian--into a really cool, immaculately clean, cozy and comfortable place where you come to de-stress and rejuvenate. Each room comes with super comfy beds, a full kitchen and a backyard complete with picnic tables, barbecue grills, and screened mini-cabanas where you can get away from it all. The first time my husband and I visited was at the peak of the fall foliage season. We didn’t bring any provisions, but it didn’t really matter as we dined at the excellent Peekamoose Restaurant just down the road. On our second trip up here, we stocked up and brought a lot of food and my husband (a professional chef) treated me to a gourmet dinner and brunch! (I highly recommend checking out Sunflower Natural Foods Market in nearby Woodstock, where you can pick up an excellent selection of gourmet healthy food items.) A complimentary breakfast basket with a selection of coffee, tea, cereals, muffins, bagels, etc. is also provided. I’m telling you, this place is amazing! For your viewing pleasure, streaming videos are included with the room, and plentiful hiking and skiing opportunities are available nearby for those who are so inclined. One of the many things I love about the Starlite is that there is no cellphone service (at least I didn’t get a signal with AT&T), so you really do feel like you’re getting away from it all. However, there is free wi-fi and you can still be reached--even if you don’t want to be! I highly recommend the Starlite. It’s a beautiful two-hour drive from New York City, and makes a great weekend getaway. We’ve done two autumn trips, and are already planning our next trip, as we think the Starlite will be beautiful in the winter.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
modato2, Owner at Starlite Motel, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Thank you so much!
I'm sorry that I failed to tell you that we have boosters for AT&T cell phones and Verizon Cell phones. For the Verizon you'd get a signal just by being on the premises, but for AT&T we need to key in your number to our system. In spite of that I can tell that you were having a great time grilling and enjoying the great outdoors of our backyard. We are looking forward to your return.