Cold Spring Lodge(Big Indian)
$201
Hotels.com
$225
Hunter Inn(Hunter)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsbreakfast basketpicnic tablesgranola barsfull kitchenfire pitbagelsmilk in the fridgeroom was cleanplace to staybelleayre mountainscreened in porchhome away from homesmall kitchenfree wificharcoal grillpots and pansdouble bed
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Our family crossed the Catskills and after just landing in the States, we needed a decent place in a great location and this is what Starlite Motel provided us with the great hospitality of Michel, the place owner.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

This was our first visit to the Catskills and we my sister found this place on-line. We had a great time. When we checked in we received a bag of marshmallows and sticks to roast them over the open fire pit they have in the backyard. Our room was clean although a bit dated. A fully equipped kitchen came in very handy as we brought food and drinks along. Close to a nice park with beach and Kaaterskill Waterfalls, very cool!!! We had dinner at the Peekamoose one night and the food and service were excellent!!!! The back door from the kitchen opened up to a big back yard with picnic tables, charcoal grills, chairs, fire pit, screened in room and even a swing bench. Basket with various breakfast items and did I mention the quart of milk waiting in the fridge for us to use. Pots, pans, dishes, glasses and silverware for 4. All in all we highly recommend the Starlite Motel.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Excellent in every way! Comfortable and spotless; a quiet place where you can really rest and recharge. A great kitchen with a gift basket full of surprises. I also enjoyed the free whole milk!
So pleasant, I could live at the Starlite and proudly call it home.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

My boyfriend and I spent a night here as a halfway point to travel to a wedding. As soon as we checked in, Michelle handed us a bag of marshmallows and some sticks, as well as recommending some places for dinner. Our room was immaculate, and so cute and cozy. There was a full kitchen, a door to the outside area which was full of picnic tables, a fire pit, and at night they had tons of little lights on that looked like fireflies. My only complaint is that there weren't more people outside enjoying the beautiful night but it ended up being a nice romantic evening for my boyfriend and I. Can't forget to mention the breakfast basket which was pretty much anything you could need or want for breakfast, I'd give this place more stars if I had the option, can't wait to go back when we have time to stay longer.

Room Tip: If you stay closer to the office, cell phone and wireless reception are better, but honestly this is the type of place you go to get away from the need to be constantly connected.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I just got back from a six day stay at the Starlite Motel. (My wife was attending a yoga retreat at a nearby facility and non-participants were not permitted to stay there.) I remember spending several nice vacations in the Catskills with my family as a child; the Starlite and the nearby towns were a perfect recreation of that. If you are looking for a quiet, relaxing vacation, reading, fishing, hiking, boating, with good food and some antiquing, the Starlite is a wonderful place to use as your base.

The buildings are obviously very old, but wonderfully maintained. There is wifi (three different routers), cable and streaming videos on the TV. The proprietess is friendly, knowledgable, and helpful. There are free snacks/breakfast treats fresh in the room everyday. Clean and in good condition stove, oven, refrigerator, microwave, flatware, pots and pans, and everything else you need if you plan to cook for yourself. You don't have to - there are several excellent restaurants/diners within 10 miles or so to the east and to the west of the Starlite.

Lots of flowers, lights, grills for everyone in the backyard - the only guests the Starlite might disappoint are those looking for a swimming pool and game room. But if it is hot enough to want to swim, there is a lake within a five minute drive; and you probably have all the games you need at home.

Room Tip: I had an end unit, number eight, which may have made it quieter than some of the others.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo