“Our hotel of choice when visiting Long Island.”

Extended Stay America - Long Island - Bethpage
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Bethpage
NEW CUMBERLAND
“Our hotel of choice when visiting Long Island.”
Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Very nice efficiency rooms in a perfect, centralized location on L.I. The rates are very reasonable for a NYC suburb and we always get a very clean and comfortable king room. The location itself is somewhat light industrial (bank and cable company), but the hotel has a lot of trees and we always found the area quiet.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank MT-233
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Long Island - Bethpage, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that the staff and cleanliness of the hotel made your stay a great one. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Bethpage, New York
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Best hotel around Hicksville/Bethpage area. I've been to 3 other hotels closeby and this is by far my preference. I highly recommend this hotel specially to long term stay. Units have their own stove, fridge and microwave.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Long Island - Bethpage, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us in Bethpage and were able to take advantage of your in-room kitchen. I have shared your comments with the entire staff.

Port Matilda
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I'll admit, I was a little concerned after reading some of the recent reviews. We weren't planning on arriving until late, but made a slight detour to check in early enough to make sure we didn't get an unexpected smoky room. That wasn't a problem fortunately. Room was nice, beds were quite comfortable and the room was quiet. Never smelled any smoke. Hopefully they've made changes, as we had no issues. We'd stay here again.

Room Tip: We followed someone's advice and asked for a room on the first floor. Seemed to work out.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I stayed here just before Hurricane Sandy hit. The room I got was the smelliest room I have ever been in. All they had were smoking rooms and I don't smoke but had to take it. I opened the windows and even bought my own room deodorizer spray but nothing worked and I was there a couple of days. Usually the smoke smell will fade after a while but not in this room. Even my nose did not really get inured to the smell as usually happens. The staff apologized and seemed nice enough and the hotel itself is in a fairly good location. I would stay there again but not if I get a smoking room.

Room Tip: Even if you smoke I doubt you would have been able to stay in this particular room.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Long Island - Bethpage, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that there was a smell of smoke in your room. I discussed your comments with the team, and we are treating all of our rooms to prevent this from happening again.

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. To discuss further, or if you have any questions, please contact me at lib@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Travelers are raving about these Bethpage hotels

Pompano Beach, Florida
Reviewed July 7, 2013

My friend D.Kravitz and I recently stayed at your facility on 6/28/13 and 6/29/13. We were impressed with everything from the courtesy at the front desk to to the room itself: full kitchen with all utensils provided, beautiful decor, space to work on computer, clean atmosphere. Your accommodations far exceeded that of the Taj Mahal in Atlantic City and the Double Tree Chelsea in Manhattan where we stayed nites before, and for half the price. A special recognition goes out to Letha Dorway at reception desk. She is truly an asset to your facility, her professionalism and kindness she showed from her heart is priceless and much appreciated. Your hotel is perfect for business, family, and those just passing through like us and I would highly recommend you to everyone. Thanks to all of you for a good memory of our trip!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank patricia o
Patricia - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you found the staff to be exceptional, especially Letha. As well, I am glad that you enjoyed your room and all of the amenities our hotel has to offer. It was our pleasure hosting you and your family during your time in Bethpage NY.

Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

We booked this room on Expedia because it stated that it had laundry facilities. When we booked the room with Expedia we booked a room with TWO beds. We go to checkin and the lady at the desk said she only had 1 room left with only ONE bed In it. Since we booked with Expedia we were forced to take the room since we couldn't cancel the reservation and go some place else. It was simply a room, nothing special. It did have the little kitchen it talked about and when I say little..im not kidding. Because of the one bed issue, 2 of us had to sleep on the floor.we could not get extra blankets because the lady at the desk was no where to be found. I tried to make coffee in the room with the coffee that was provided, but it was so nasty that you couldnt choke down more than a sip. We would not stay at this one again. We have stay at other Extended Stays before with good experiences and expected the same again, but was really disappointed.

• Stayed June 2013
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Long Island - Bethpage, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Hi Michelle,

The staff and I read your comments about your stay with us. I am so disappointed that you did not receive the bed type you booked or the service you expect and deserve. Please accept my apology. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have met with the staff to ensure your experience is not repeated. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at lib@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
Lighthouse Point, Florida, United States
Reviewed July 3, 2013

My family and I rented four rooms at this hotel last weekend. We needed to stay near Wantaugh Park so we chose this hotel. Let me begin by saying that the staff here at this hotel is second to none. Every employee was kind and accommodating and that helped a lot. The hotel, however, needs a little work. The rooms are older and not maintained very well. My nieces room was an absolute disaster. Her refrigerator broke and leaked all over the room and the dresser drawers were falling apart. She had to be moved from her original room due to an overwhelming cabbage smell. Yuck. It seems the ventilation in the hotel is not what it should be given the amount of cooking going on there. The "continental" breakfast is a small stand at the entrance of the hotel with a few muffins and fruit (and they ran out of muffins on Sunday.) Given the short supply of decent hotels in the area though, I guess it's a deal at the price they charge.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Long Island - Bethpage, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. I am so glad that you enjoyed our friendly staff members and found our location to be convenient, close to Wantaugh Park. Still, the situation you described regarding the condition of the room is unacceptable. We are very sorry for your experience. In response to your feedback, I am addressing the items in the rooms and the odor with the staff to avoid from this happening again.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback and positive comments about our staff. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at lib@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bethpage
Extended Stay America - Long Island - Melville
Econo Lodge Hicksville
Econo Lodge Hicksville
#1 of 2 in Hicksville
Days Inn Hicksville Long Island
Red Roof PLUS+ Long Island
Best Western Woodbury Inn
Holiday Inn Plainview - Long Island

Been to Extended Stay America - Long Island - Bethpage? Share your experiences!