“If you like cold showers, paying more than verbally quoted, and waking up with back pain from the beds, this is your place.”

Extended Stay America - Long Island - Bethpage
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Bethpage
Reviewed May 16, 2012

We stayed three days in May 2012, Saturday to Tuesday morning. The place was clean in a cheap motel way. Our room had carpenter ants, they don't bite so I wasn't concerned. You can only book one night online. My husband called to make sure 3 nights were available and that it was all $99 a night. The lady said yes to everything. They charge $99 for the first night, $115 for the other two nights. When I argued it, the girl told me, oh you checked in on Friday and the room rate changed over the weekend. I showed her we checked in on Saturday. She said the same thing. Idiot. She said we would have to come back after 12 to talk to a manager: Like I have time to wait around.
The hot water in the room was great, but for some reason it didn't go to the shower head. We asked if the hot water was ok and were told it's fine. This happened the last day we were there. Oh and the water pressure, I could taken a faster shower out in the rain. It sucked. The two days of good hot water, you freeze because there isn't enough pressure to warm the bathroom up.
The beds were horrible too. I've stayed in cheaper hotels and have had better beds. Woke up with back pain and stiff neck.
The place is a complete rip off. I don't recommend it. Next time we visit the island, we will be staying somewhere else.

Management response:Responded July 15, 2012

"Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America Long Island - Bethpage. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

The experience you described is truly regrettable, from the carpenter ants you saw, to the billing issues you experienced, to the issue with the hot water in your room. We strive to ensure that our guests have an exceptional stay. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have brought each of the issues you expressed to the attention of our staff.

There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Long Island - Bethpage

Reviewed May 12, 2012 via mobile

Recently stayed here because I'm renovating my home. Woke up in the middle of the night to a bed bug on my arm. After carefully inspecting the 2 beds I found more bedbugs and staining on the mattress covers which is typical of bed bugs. I called front desk no one to be found. Next morning I spoke to the hotel manager and I showed her pictures and video of the bedbugs I found in the room. She was snide and at one point tried to suggest that I had fabricated the photo and video. I have now called American express and provided them with the pictures and video and they will be refunding me the stay.

1  Thank Carp09
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Long Island - Bethpage, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2012

Dear Carp09,

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally apologize for your unsatisfactory stay. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, so I was extremely disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

We are complimented daily on our service, cleanliness, and amenities, so I take your comments very, very seriously. Let me assure you that your concerns have been fully researched and addressed, and I apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying.

I hope that you will give us, or another Extended Stay Hotels property, another opportunity to meet (and exceed) your expectations. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again.

Reviewed May 5, 2012 via mobile

I travel frequently for my job. I work at night so it is important that the morning is quite. This hotel exceeded my expectations, it was quite as a church mouse in the morning. The room was clean, and had all the emenetees including free wireless . The front desk person was very friendly and helpful. I needed a few things and they brought it up immediately. They gave directions that I needed. Checkin and out were a breeze. I will definately be back everytime I'm in town.

• Stayed: May 2012
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Long Island - Bethpage, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2012

Thank you so much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Long Island - Bethpage. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. I am so glad that we were able to exceed your expectations, and that the peace and quiet worked out well for you. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest the next time you are in town. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed April 27, 2012

It was a very clean hotel. It was convenient, right next to Cablevision properties. It was a one night stay, but they make it feel like home. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Long Island - Bethpage, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2012

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Long Island - Bethpage. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Reviewed April 25, 2012

My career requires me to live away from home for months at a time, so it's great to find a place that gives you the comforts of home. Nice clean rooms, clean hotel, excellent management and staff, great price for long term stays; what more can you ask for! If you are travelling to the Bethpage, New York area, then this is the place to stay!

Room Tip: I stayed on the 1st floor and the 3rd floor and didn't have problems with noise.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Long Island - Bethpage, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2012

Reviewed April 1, 2012

In my job I travel constantly. I've been in rooms up and down the East Coast. Staying at Extended Stay America has been a wonderful experiance. Any questions or comments were address immediately by Kevin and Christian at the front desk to ensure I had everything I needed. Why in Long Island I have found my home away from home!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Long Island - Bethpage, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2012

Reviewed March 28, 2012

I've been living at the Extended Stay America in Bethpage for the past 3 months and I can only say positive things about it. I took the time out of my busy work schedule because I feel that it's important to give credit when it's due. The property staff are not only personable, but helpful and very reliable as well. When I have questions or concerns, they are immediately addressed. When I come in from a long day at work, I come back to smiling faces and interesting converstion. Once a week I come home to a room that has been cleansed inside out by room service. Although this place doesn't have amenities, it does have a contract with Lifetime Fitness, one of the most amazing athletic centers I've been to in my life. The price for hotel guests...Free. The hotel is located a few miles away from the Long Island Expressway, the Northern State Parkway, and the Long Island Railroad, making travel very convenient and easily accesible. Bottom line, this place suites my needs, and I reccomend it to anyone else who needs a temporary living arrangement.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Long Island - Bethpage, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2012

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bethpage
Extended Stay America - Long Island - Melville
Econo Lodge Hicksville
Econo Lodge Hicksville
#1 of 2 in Hicksville
Days Inn Hicksville Long Island
Red Roof PLUS+ Long Island
Hilton Garden Inn Melville
Holiday Inn Plainview - Long Island

Been to Extended Stay America - Long Island - Bethpage? Share your experiences!