“bad customer service/ hotel from hell.”

Extended Stay America - Long Island - Bethpage
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Bethpage
Greencastle, Pennsylvania
“bad customer service/ hotel from hell.”
Reviewed July 29, 2011

Stayed at this hotel last year. Was in town for my brother's graduation. I called to let them know that I was arriving late, when we pulled in at 1:00 AM, the front door was closed. After much banging and knocking, someone finally opened the door and after he checked, he said that there was no non smoking room with 2 beds available, he only has a 1 room with 1 bed. I was traveling with my husband and 15 year old son. After much back and forth, he called Corinne Hass who rudely told me to find another hotel. I told them that I was not moving as they took my money and they will accommodate me; she said that if we stayed in that 1 bed room for the few hours, they will not charge me. By then, it was 2:00 AM. we had traveled more than 5 hours, we were tired; so we agree.
I called and spoke to Corinne Hass twice, and both time, she said that she was going to follow up with expedia so that she can reimburse my money and she will call me to confirm. I gave her my address and phone number both time and so far I have not received any reimbursement.
It will be very beneficial for these workers to take customer service class. I would have been ok with, "I can't give you the full refund but this is what we can do, but there was none of that", not even an acknowledgment. Travelers, be aware, ask for everything in writing.

Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank Sad032571

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
La Jolla, California
Reviewed June 3, 2011

I joined my husband on a business/leisure trip in NYC. He also had some business in Bethpage, and as it happened, the Extended Stay America was right next door to the company he was visiting, so he booked it one day in advance. We only stayed the one night, but I was pleasantly surprised, given the less-than-stellar reviews of some previous posters.

We arrived after midnight and had to be buzzed in by a staff member. She was very friendly and efficient, and we were settled into our room for the night within 10 minutes.

The studio room appeared to be in a newly-added or renovated section of the hotel. The room was very clean and comfortable, and for a longer stay it would have certainly sufficed as it was roomy, light and airy, and had a tiny but efficient kitchen. The bathroom was spotless, which is always one of the first things I check for. It was also very quiet, perhaps because there were no guests in that section of the hotel. The bed was new and comfortable. Flat screen TV, couple of chairs, internet.

The desk staff was helpful and accommodating, although they did not seem very knowledgable about the area. The area itself was mostly business/industrial with the nearest shopping area about 1 1/2 miles away in Plainview.

All in all, we were quite pleased with the hotel. Although I doubt I will ever be in Bethpage again, my husband may return to the Extended Stay America hotel as business requires.

Room Tip: ask for a renovated room
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank ElleLaJolla
Spring Hill, Florida
Reviewed January 19, 2011

On January 18th my wife and I booked a room at Extended Stay America Bethpage. We went up to our room unpacked Left for most of the day, returned at early eve. We went go to bed early about 10:00 pm we had an early flight to catch. When as soon as we layed down, we heard a woman screaming Stop, stop your going to kill me with a loud banging down the hall. I opened the door to my room and hall was full items thrown into the hall way with a woman screaming I had just been robbed. I went to my room and called the front desk to call 911. The clerk said I'm not calling 911 you can call.
So i did call 911, the police arrived very quickly. My wife and I said we are not staying here, packed up went the desk clerk told her we were not staying and not to charge us for the room. She informed me that she could not do that. Only a Manager could. She would be in the next day. The next day I talked to a manager Lisa, and Lisa informed me that I would not be charged for the night. When I got home I called Mastercard and guess what I was charged. I called back the hotel and got Jessica on the phone, again I was told that only a manager could help. So I asked her to have a manager call me Jessica said she would, I am still waiting for a call. I have the bill in dispute with Mastercard. Which I will have no problem Since I now have charge with Holiday Inn on the same day, where I had a day in HELL at Hotel America Bethpage. Please Avoid

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank den282

Travelers are raving about these Bethpage hotels

Tafton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 11, 2010

Rooms are luxury suites in a studio mode.
Full size refrigerator/freezer, two burner electric stove top, microwave, toaster, coffee maker with free
supplies, iron with full size ironing board, pots, dishes, cups, glasses, knives, spoons, forks and an endless supply of towels.

Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank classicmario
UK
Reviewed May 22, 2010

This was my third stay here, and each time the staff have been pleasant and helpful. Like a reviewer before me said, this is basic accommodation with a no frills attitude. And this suits me perfectly. I am not sure about the experiences of the negative reviewers - as all i have experienced is good when I've stayed here.

The rooms are a good size, and the bathroom is always spotless upon arrival. The added bonus for me is the small kitchenette area and it comes complete with a full size fridge. The room has two desks one where I can eat from and the other I can set up my laptop. And has internet connection for a small fee as well if desired. And a comfortable soft seat from which to watch TV.

There are laundry facilities which benefits me as well as i am traveling from Europe it means I do not need to travel with my entire closet, and can wash and dry anything I need to. The front desk is always willing to give you all the quarters you need for that service. Likewise they will happily replace your towels for you anytime you require it.

It is located away a little way out from the train station (not walking distance but a short cab ride) which can get you into the city easily.

I would recommend people to stay there. In fact I will be returning with my mom and daughter in 2011.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
San Carlos, Uruguay
Reviewed March 3, 2010

very nice place ..........quiet............friendly stuff.........nice price and close of everything

Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Long island
Reviewed June 26, 2009

So I read some really negative reviews on this site and was really worried. My husband and I are here for 10 days while our apartment becomes available. He is a new resident at Nassau University Medical Center. I read horror stories and frankly was very freaked out about what we would be staying in, but it was close and cheap so its where we booked.

When I walked in I put my worries to rest. I think what some of the people who have reviewed here have forgotten is that this is an extended stay hotel and things are going to be a little bit different than if you stayed in a regular hotel.

One person commented that there is no lobby and no breakfast in the morning. Both of these statements are true however you have a kitchenette in your room so of course they are not going to offer you breakfast and for me, I dont really care if there is a lobby or not. I dont plan on spending a lot of time there.

There are new TV's at least in our room, and from what I understand everywhere so if you read a review about the TV's, that has been remedied. When we checked in and got to the room and got settled we found we didnt have a remote. Taneka who checked us in said she would check around for one and when she couldn't find one, brought a universal remote to our room and programmed it for us.

The location is not the best - we are from Seattle where you can get places by walking and thats not really the case here but we kind of anticipated that.

We've only been here a couple of days and have over a week left to go but I felt I needed to post to contradict some of what has been said. Is it fancy? Not, not in the slightest. Does it have a bed and kitchen? Yes. Is it clean? Yes. If you go in expecting a place to stay with a kitchen you will be fine. Its good for what it is, a lower end extended stay hotel. Dont go in expecting 4 stars because its not and you will be disappointed. If you are looking for a clean place to stay with a kitchen, then this is for you.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Gman815, Manager at Extended Stay America - Long Island - Bethpage, responded to this review, July 15, 2009
"It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Long Island - Bethpage. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is ""Excellence Every Day, Every Way"", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bethpage
Extended Stay America - Long Island - Melville
Four Points by Sheraton
Four Points by Sheraton
#3 of 6 in Plainview
Viana Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection

Been to Extended Stay America - Long Island - Bethpage? Share your experiences!