“Yummy yummy... And perfectly casual..”
Review of Popei's Clam Bar

Popei's Clam Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Popei's Clam Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 63 Restaurants in Bethpage
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We had had a long hot day touring NYC and were heading to some Long Island sites the next day. Needed good food in a casual restaurant... What we got is awesome food in a comfy neighborhood-feel place. Just the ticket! Had to wait 30 minutes, in less than comfy conditions, but once seated, it was well worth the wait! I had Spectacular Shrimp... Shrimp stuffed with scallops and bacon. Hubby had White Cloud...rigatoni in a cheesy cream sauce with crab, shrimp and scallops and broccoli. Mine came with salad... Hubby's not. First, great garlic bread and refreshing iced tea. Food was tasty, timely and service was awesome. Total charge for our meal... $51.01. Only areas for improvements... Parking is clumsy, a canopy to block sun outside while waiting would be nice, and since its a busy place, it can get noisy. But we highly recommend! We'll be back!

There are newer reviews for Popei's Clam Bar

Reviewed June 4, 2013

we like this restaurant. with the coupons u can have a good lunch for llittle cost. but they prices without the coupongs are good, except the portions are really small to pay full price. good food though.

1  Thank lucille m
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Whenever I am in the mood for good seafood Popei's is the restaurant I go to. All the food is fresh and abundant. The garlic bread they give is to die for. The Thai Calamari is the best and we always get that as an appetizer. My hubby really enjoys the Popei Special which is mussels, clams, scungilli, calamari, shrimp, scallops, crab legs, broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms and zucchini over linguine in butter sauce and he really can eat the entire thing and I get the fried combination platter which includes shrimp, scallops, calamari, flounder, baked clam, stuffed shrimp and stuffed mushroom. You cannot beat the price and portions. If you are looking for good seafood at a great price come here but make sure you make a reservation and dont come late.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

The garlic bread was a real treat. The shrimp (in many different ways) was great--crunchy & fresh. The service was friendly and attentive. A down home place. No need to be fancy.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Found a Lee press on in my sauce with my pasta and have not gone back since. Hubby says it was just once of those things... he's gone back with the guys for the after 10 specials. I guess if you're getting wings or something without sauce, then ok. I did used to love this place, but what I didn't like is the very very small waiting area (if you want to call it that).

1  Thank Pamangela