“Bakery was sold to Francesco's last year.”
Review of Erga Bakery Incorporated - CLOSED

Erga Bakery Incorporated
New York City, New York
“Bakery was sold to Francesco's last year.”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

While still very good, since the takeover by Francesco's, it seems to have lost it's edge. I'm not sure if it's different bakers, or different ingredients, but something is missing. If you do go, the biscotti is good, as is the Napoleon cake. Breads and rolls are good, but you're not missing anything with unrefrigerated layer cakes, and coffee type "dry" cakes. Overall, it's a very good neighborhood bakery, just not as good as it used to be.

• Visited September 2013

Bethpage, New York
“The Best Cakes EVER!”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

I always go here to get a cake for a special occasion. It has assorted cakes that are amazing. I love the little chairs. Plus, it has a great location, right near Carvel, Pizza, and the Railroad. The staff is the best. And you MUST try the cannoli's.

• Visited June 2013
Farmingdale, New York
“Ok but not great...”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I dont know what it is but there are does not seem to be any great bakeries in long island. I have searched and coming from Queens and Brooklyn there are tons. The bakeries that I have gone to are just ok. I had the strawberry shortcake and it was ok not great. The cookies look good but have not tried them.

• Visited April 2013
Coram, New York
“A dying breed”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Great bakery. Breads,pastries, cookies and cakes have all been sampled by myself and family. Breads have that outside crispness and soft inside. Italian cookies are excellent but a little pricey(buy on occassion).Pastries are to die for. Love this bakery.

Visited April 2012
Akron, Ohio
“If Tarts could Speak”
Reviewed December 29, 2010

My husband and I popped into this bakery as we killed some time waiting for the LIRR. The display case is amazing. It was difficult to choose something to nosh. The case was filled with items I can't pronounce and calories I dare not count. I settled on this stunning raspberry tart dusted with powdered sugar. It was almost as big as my hand. And it was delicious, buttery, and impossible to keep the powdered sugar from landing on my black coat. Ah well. It's the price you pay for bliss.

If this one singular tart is an indication of the deliciousness of the rest of the goods, then I say RUN from the LIRR platform and head across the street to this bakery.

1 Thank dilidali