“Not much to like”

Chow Down Diner
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Lunch on Easter Sunday turned out to be a disgrace to the Singletons name, who owns Chow Down Diner. Wasn't Pleased with my burger platter as noted in photo.

2  Thank patj28

Reviewed April 16, 2014

wasn't impressed . At first I thought it was only me but this is not really what any of my friends thought to was going to be like

2  Thank NOMORECURBSITTING
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Ordered lunch for myself and some co-workers. We ordered 3 Cheeseburgers and fish and chips. All 3 of my co-workers complained about the same thing about the burgers...tasteless, bun was old, and the fries were a greasy rubbery mess. I ordered fish and chips, 2 small pieces that I was charged $16.99 for. First bite, and I threw it away. It was hard as a rock, rubbery and inedible, and I noticed there were scales in the fish. Unbelievable. And the fries LOOKED like their fryer is not hot enough...rubbery and absolutely soaked with grease. We will never come again. Oh, and when I called, the manager George, did not properly answer the phone. He simply said Hello, and I had to ask him if I called the right place. Spare yourself and just go somewhere else.

1  Thank Bamargeracom
Reviewed April 11, 2014

We were seated quickly and in a booth that was best for us rather than something catering to the server. We had immediate attention but the place was not too crowded for lunch. We arrived at just past 11:30 am. The diner did not get crowded at all during lunch.

We both ordered a burger and were pleased with them being cooked to the requested amount. The price was a little steep for a lunch burger and fries but filling. The noise level in the diner was good. We did not try the desserts but they looked great! Big desserts in the glass case.

Used my American Express without a glitch and were out the door with no problems. Will return. Should have tried their coffee, opps.

Reviewed April 3, 2014

With fun mid-century modern décor, and trendy "of the moment" menu composition, this is an anti-diner with familiar offerings which sounded so intriguing but just couldn't live up to it's own menu hype. The PLT, promised "house made pastrami", which was rubbery, and embarrassing to eat. A BLT was OK, but the bacon also lacked any crispness. An order of truffled fries were presented cold and the melted cheese on top resembled what happens to the fat free shredded stuff in a bag when it's microwaved. Hopefully it was not Chef DelLima who took back the cold fries, and instead of making a fresh batch, threw the order under a broiler to heat them up, which resulted in a lump of inedible sticky dried out potatoes. The gratis salted caramel cupcake couldn't make up for a disappointing lunch. Sorry, just can't find redemption in those cutesy glass water jars. Maybe they can get Chef Tom Schaudel back in for a consult, because even though the menu reads like his Jewel, the food just didn't shine.