“I wouldn't go back”

Embassy Diner
Ranked #5 of 63 Restaurants in Bethpage
Cuisines: American, Diner, Greek
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Lighthouse Point, Florida, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I wouldn't go back”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We had a large party (10) and the service was excellent and the food pretty decent. I am only writing this review because they have a practice I don't agree with. When it was time to pay the bill we were told that we were not allowed to tip on a credit or debit card. This is a practice I don't run into very much (except at hair/nail salons) and I didn't think it was very fair to the hardworking staff. While we had ten people with us so someone was bound to have cash for a tip, I can't help but feel that it is the staff who loses if someone wanders in, unaware of the policy and having no cash in their pockets. The food was not the best diner food I've had but it was decent. Again, service was EXCELLENT.

• Visited June 2013