“Delicious”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 29, 2013

On the menu you will find your typical Chinese food selections - all prepared perfectly, kicked up a notch! We were a table of 6, and had...lettuce shrimp wraps, salt & pepper pork chops, filet mignon, shrimp in black bean sauce, sesame chicken, scallops...all excellent. The service & ambience leave something to be desired, but as the locals know, you come strictly for the food! They do not take reservations, so be prepared to wait a few!

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Great dim sum 7 days a week in comfortable surroundings. Carts on the weekends, menu during the week. Equally good, although weekdays are far less hectic.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

The Orient is an extremely popular restaurant in a strip mall in Bethpage, NY. They do not take reservations so be prepared to wait and wait and wait. This is apparent testimony to the popularity of the place. Service is good and once seated there is little wait time for your food to arrive. We were a party of six and got there early enough to have under an hour wait. Our friends have eaten here often and described it as having the best Chinese style food on Long Island. We shared several dishes including shrimp, scallops, beef and noodles. Personally I found the food average. But I'm an outlier in my views as evidenced by the mob scene in and outside the restaurant. The Orient is well reviewed by Trip Advisor devotees. For me, not so much. Dinner for two came to under fifty dollars; no alcohol; BYO.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Cold, tasteless, and undercooked food - very disappointing! If this is "authentic" Chinese food, then I know that I should never go to China. The waiter brought back a dish just as cold as how we gave it back to him. The owner tried to arm-twist us into eating a dish that was too expensive to waste. He never apologized or offered us something else. After some of these reviews, I feel like I must have been to a different place because it is hard to believe!

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Have eaten there on many occasions and have always found the food to be excellent as well as the staff is very courteous. The owner comes over to ask how everything is and always makes sure you are well taken care of.