“If you like Salmon - theirs is #1”
Review of Opa Grille

Opa Grille
Ranked #4 of 63 Restaurants in Bethpage
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Plainview, New York
“If you like Salmon - theirs is #1”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I've been to this restaurant countless times over the last couple of years. My husband and I have ordered take out, eaten in, eaten with friends and family and had small parties there. I've ordered many items there - all were fresh and delicious. Pork chops are sizeable (as are all their servings), juicy & delectable. My husband loves all their soups.
My favorite thing to order is the salmon. I've eaten salmon at many restaurants and have cooked it myself but I have to say the salmon served at Opa is the most fresh, tasty and healthiest version EVER, ANYWHERE. So, since salmon is so healthy & beneficial I try to get it as often as possible.
The family owners are very friendly, hospitable & caring. They are sometimes overcrowded but it's well worth the wait ;)

• Visited February 2014

New York City, New York
“very good”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Good american-ish version of Greek food. Nothing unique but very good for the staples. Wish they offered a lamb souvlaki/kebab.

Visited November 2013
Bethpage, New York
“Great Gyros!”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I went to eat at Opa Grille and really enjoyed it! It wasn't the friendliest place, but the Gyros were delicious. There were waiters watching us eat, but still giving us anything we need. It was not crowded and had a small eating area. The take-out is much better. The location is okay, but it is noisy because of the train. There isn't a very nice view either and it is a small restaurant. Overall, I thought it was a good experience, and I will definitely eat there again. The Greek food is great!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Cindy B
New York City, New York
“On par service, menu misleading...”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

First time at this restaurant, the service was decent however the food left quite a bit to be desired. The item I ordered (cheese pie w philo dough) said baked but came out completely fried - they said "oh, menu misprint". When I sent it back, they said no problem, took it off the bill but charged me for the salad that came with the meal!! Not really worth going back...

• Visited May 2013
Farmingdale, New York
“Good Greek!!!”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

So since moving to nassau county we have been looking for a good greek restaurant. We have passed by this place several times and it was on my list of restaurants to try. I finally was in the mood for greek so we ended up at Opa Grille. They start you off with pita with Tzatziki sauce which was good. We had the Spanakopita for an appetizer which is pinach, feta cheese and fresh herbs baked in a triangle phyllo dough and it was ok. I think the phyllo was too cruchy and not a lot of flavor but my hubby thought it was good. For entrees my husband had the Souvlaki with rice and a greek salad. The salad was big and the pork was juicy. I had the gyro sandwich with fries which was good. We did not eat dessert. We would def come back to Opa Grille because the food was good and not too pricy for the quality.

• Visited May 2013