“Came down a notch”

Dining options: Reservations
Coram, New York
“Came down a notch”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Was excellent choice for greek food. Freshness, top quality ingredients was the norm. I don't know what has happened but not as good as it used to be. It is still a good place to eat but I don't get excited about it anymore.

Visited February 2012

Virginia
“Not bad, not great”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Nice cozy restaurant, minus the loud TV they had in the mini bar. First waitress that took our drink orders forgot to take mine and when I said I wanted sprite as she left, she replied "ok" and never acknowledged she was sorry for forgetting me. Ok that's fine some people just don't have manners...second waiter comes to take our orders...while several people of my party are telling him what they want he is completely distracted by changing the tv channel and a waitress walking by...and asks to repeat the order to him again. Both fail in waiter/waitressing 101. Soups and salads were pretty tasty although the lemon chicken soup had less chicken in it than a can of regular campbell's chicken soup. The gyro platter I had with roasted potatoes was salty and oily. The "roasted potatoes" should not be swimming in oil and I know there's some oil from gyro's but again the meat should not be soaked in it. I've had gyro platters from about 5 other greek restaurants between NY and NJ and this was by far the most oily and salty among gyro meat. My wife's rice pilaf she got with her gyro platter was pretty salty as well. Fairly inexpensive though and portion sizes were more than enough.

• Visited June 2012
Copiague, New York
“Great!”
Reviewed April 15, 2012

We have been going to Opa Grille for over a year. The service is friendly and prompt. Before leaving for a group tour to Greece, we were taught some Greek words. The food here is better than the food we had in restaurants in Greece.
Kalimera and yasoo!

• Visited March 2012
Bethpage, New York
“the best!”
Reviewed April 2, 2012

This is my favorite restaurant - excellent food, excellent prices - love going there for lunch - quaint little place.

Visited March 2012
Long Island, New York
“I felt like I was in Greece while dining here”
Reviewed January 15, 2012

Opa Grille is a cozy atmospheric restaurant that gives the feeling of being in Greece. It's famly-owned and provides friendly and attentive service. (The waitress teaches my daughter a few words/phrases of Greek each time we eat there).

My family dines at Opa about twice a month. Every item we've ever ordered off their extensive menu has been excellent. The Agvolemono Soup is one of the best I've ever had (I've been trying, without success, to reproduce the recipe at home!). The lunch specials, which are available on weekends too, are reasonably priced and offer a filling plate. Also recommended: the Souvlaki, Gyro, Kalamari, Mousaka, and Falafel dishes! The salads are excellent too.

The restaurant is located at the Bethpage LIRR station. If you are ever in the area, it is definitely worth a try - you won't be disappointed. Visit their website for discount printable coupons before you go!

• Visited January 2012