“A Bucket list pick”

The Museum at Bethel Woods
Ranked #1 of 5 things to do in Bethel
Reviewed July 31, 2013

This venue is beautiful. Worth going for what it is as much as what it was. The building is still shiny. the auditorium smells like an expensive leather pocketbook. The grounds are immaculate. Need a show off place for your wedding? yeah girl. We had a catered lunch prepared by Ovations food service. The food was catered fare but, well presented, fresh, hot and good actually. This was a buffet with more than enough for the second and third helpings. We all took cookies and brownies home and there was enough left for the staff that had escorted us all day. The plastic dinnerware was so nice I hated to throw it away. I mention them because they are the restaurant and snack bar kitchen and cater private events. We all went wow the whole tour from the ceilings to the floors. The staff is knowledgeably and egar to tell you everything you didn't suspect about the events of the period. The resident hippy spoke to us. He is just as much part of the whole history as the dirt. His evolution is remarkable. The museum is a lot to take on one visit. You need to plan to come back. I just enjoyed the assault of sound and color. Its like an amusement park upscale. You could spend a half hour in each time capsule to read and experience all it had to tell. I loved the commune bus. I understand the artist was angry that he was asked to distress his work to represent the period. I didn't get it at first and he didn't sign it. But if I had put that much into an instillation I think I would be angry if it was reduced to a stage back prop. I also loved the floors. It is a real acid trip. Now watch out for the gift shop. It is as interesting as the museum. I stopped dropping things on the counter when it got over a hundred dollars and made myself stay out of it. But if you have will power I say make sure you look at everything. The bathroom is lovely and they even have a family room. I have only seen this once before. Be sure to check out the gallery in the lower level. There are changing exhibits. This is a very economically depressed area of the country. The museum provides jobs so don't just go for the concerts bring everybody to see the museum and enjoy the grounds. This is a must support and keep alive.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

The Eagles Concert was great, the venue was clean, sat on the lawn area had a good time, have a nice dinner before arriving concert at one of the local resturants

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I am not one for living in the past, but a trip up to the Museum at Bethel Woods is certainly worth the trip. A well done, well documented presentation awaits you as you take a walk down memory lane and relive the Woodstock experience. For those of you who were not there, it will certainly put you there and help you relive a time that brought forth such wonderful music that transcends so many generations. Proud to say, I am of that generation and it was an incredible experience. Thanks for making such a wonderful venue. The grounds and the views are quite beautiful as well.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

They have done an excellent job in capturing the spirit of the 60's and the Woodstock concert..from the photos to the music to the painted bus..it was like being back in that time!
You can also see the beautiful grounds of Bethel Woods Performing Art Center and see the Woodstock monument

Reviewed July 25, 2013

We enjoyed the museum greatly and thought it was nicely done. A solid 2 hour visit should cover most of the basis. Look for discount tickets on-line if you have a chance. We were pleased at what we found. The museum places the 1960's and Woodstock in solid context and adds a great deal to the visit. I saw the site many years ago before the museum and this is MUCH better. We had to park quite a distance from the museum and walk (quarter mile) on a concert day as the regular museum parking was reserved for pay VIP parking. That was annoying but otherwise and enjoyable day.