“Back to the 60's!!!”

and up
Museum at Bethel Woods
Ranked #1 of 5 things to do in Bethel
Reviewed July 29, 2013

They have done an excellent job in capturing the spirit of the 60's and the Woodstock concert..from the photos to the music to the painted bus..it was like being back in that time!
You can also see the beautiful grounds of Bethel Woods Performing Art Center and see the Woodstock monument

All reviews
"actual site"
"music lovers"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed July 25, 2013

We enjoyed the museum greatly and thought it was nicely done. A solid 2 hour visit should cover most of the basis. Look for discount tickets on-line if you have a chance. We were pleased at what we found. The museum places the 1960's and Woodstock in solid context and adds a great deal to the visit. I saw the site many years ago before the museum and this is MUCH better. We had to park quite a distance from the museum and walk (quarter mile) on a concert day as the regular museum parking was reserved for pay VIP parking. That was annoying but otherwise and enjoyable day.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

My wife and I found the Museum very interesting. It clearly identified all facets of Woodstock '69. Films and pictures highlighted this unbelievable happening. From organizing to performances the museum captured it all. A real nice place in a beautiful setting. I highly recommend a visit.

1  Thank joevala
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Wow, what an experience! Our stop here was with a small group and I would never have put this stop on my itinerary. But, I am so happy I came. The museum is fascinating and well done, and provides insightful views into the 1960's past. The Rolling Stones photographic exhibit tells the Woodstock story....without editorializing. I was young, i.e. 14, when the event occurred and many of my original perceptions were very incorrect, even though I lived during the time. Take the time to watch the videos and movies, as they help tell the Woodstock story. I never knew the story about the promoters, how Woodstock occurred, the logistics problems, the aid from the military, etc. and the exhibits are insightful. The pictures show young college age kids along with the "hippies" of the time; any of us who enjoyed music could have been there! We were able to talk to a friend of ours who "was there", and he indicates that the exhibits and the photographic portrayal were representative of the experience. Of course, there were the drugs, but there were also many young adults who did not smoke or drink, experiencing the "times."