“Unique Museum of the 1960's”

The Museum at Bethel Woods
Ranked #1 of 5 things to do in Bethel
Reviewed June 17, 2013

This museum offers an educational yet enjoyable way to learn about the Woodstock Festival of 1969. Even my two teenagers enjoyed the museum. In addition to the Woodstock exhibits, there are some other exhibits pertaining to other aspects of the 1960's. My only complaint is that I wished these exhibits included more information instead of a few sentences. This is why I gave a rating of 4 instead of 5. To cap off this wonderful museum visit, I highly suggest to walk outside to the field where the concert took place. Also there are paved walkways and beautiful landscaping on several acres adjoining the museum. My family and I spent about 3 hours there. My husband thought admission was a little pricey ($52 for a family of 4), but I thought the money was well spent for a unique part of American history.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Wow. The museum is hands-down the best multi-media museum experience I have ever encountered. It explains the social, political and cultural context of the 60's, explores all details of the Woodstock festival, and examines the lessons that apply today. Allow 2.5 hours to leisurely experience every booth/display. Go on a day when it is less busy. The finale, in the movie theater, is uplifting and evocative. Wow.

Then, walk the hill and stage area of the original festival. Imagine 450,000 people there...

2  Thank Willspen
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This past weekend I visited Bethel Woods Center for the Arts in Bethel, New York. During the summer there are many types of musical venues and guest artists at the Center, mostly held outdoors but sheltered from the elements.

However, there is the Museum at Bethel Woods in a large building which is on the site of the Woodstock concert (fiasco) which took place during August, 1969. The museum has a collection of photos, videos, interactives, clothes and memorabelia from that experience. Social events are also presented especially during the "season". All ages seem interested, and people who are now in their 50's - 70's seem to enjoy reliving that adventure if they were part of the "Woodstock Experience". Other people enjoy it just because they remember the experience of the concert. People who visit that site often are encouraged to become patrons and are given special priviledges for being such. Being a patron and attending many functions is a good way to meet neighbors and others who live in the area.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We loved the Woodstock Museum. The movies and information was all new to us. They also had a special exhibition of the photographer of woodstock.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

There is more here than we thought there would be & it is very well displayed with pictures ,films ,artifacts, newspaper clippings & many items of the times that brought it all together. We were a little surprised as we found it much more interesting than we expected it to be.