“Overpriced, should be free”

The Museum at Bethel Woods
Ranked #1 of 4 things to do in Bethel
Carbondale, Pennsylvania, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Overpriced, should be free”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Expensive with very little to see... almost like someones private collection. Love seeing concerts next door, but this is just a tourist rip-off.

Visited August 2012
3 Thank Morans B

• Polish first
Callicoon, New York
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“Memories of a Certain Age”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

This is the site of the original Woodstock Music Festival. Lots of memories.

The Museum is a pleasure to walk through. Lots of History. Of course when you exit you are in the gift shop and the prices are a bit high but isn't that the way of the world.

They change the exhibit now and again so even if you have been there you could go again--call.

Bethel Woods also has great concerts during the summer. NY Phil, country stars, etc. Great venue but the walk from the parking lot to the bandstand area is long. Wear comphy shoes.

Visited September 2012
Neversink, New York
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Took a day trip”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I live less than a half hour from the original Woodstock site so I took my Daughter to the museum for the day as a "thing to do" on her summer vacation. The grounds are amazing, the staff extremely knowledgable, accomodating and fun. We went early in the week had had the run of the grounds. The only time we were stopped was to see if we needed help or information. The John Lennon exhibit downstairs was very interesting and we had a beautiful day. I'm glad I went.

Sewell, New Jersey
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Absolutely Fantastic”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

My wife and I went here during a recent stay at the beautiful Inn at Lake Joseph. The museum is wonderful. So well put together, tons of information, rich in history, I can't say enough about it. The information is presented well throughout the museum. There are walking tours available, but we chose to stroll at our own pace, which allowed us to really take our time and take it all in. If you are a fan of rock and roll, a former hippie, or know anyone who ever was, this is a great place to go and get caught up in an aspect of history that is different than the traditional "monuments and battlefield" presentation. Highly recommended!

Visited November 2012
1 Thank RockingLoud
Montreal, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Excellent”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

We visited the museum today with my wife on our way from New York to Montreal...

I can say that it's worthy the some miles added to our trip :)

A wonderful museum where you gonna learn about the Woodstock festival, and about the 60's.

A very nice movie to watch about the festival too.

The personnel is very helpful and extremely nice.

Don't miss to buy some souvenirs at the museum's shop, it helps them a lot :)

I recomand :)