“Third stay and still fab!!”

SpringHill Suites Long Island Brookhaven
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bellport
Peabody, Massachusetts
“Third stay and still fab!!”
Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

After our long trip from Boston it was so nice to walk in and be remember by Leron at the front desk! He is so sweet and professional. The rooms are big and I love the sitting area with the couch. The breakfast in the morning is pretty standard fare but fresh and well maintain. We are going back to this area next month and a fourth stay is in the future.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Greg B, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Long Island Brookhaven, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review. As a Marriott property we encourage our staff to get to know our guest so we can provide the best possible customer service. It is refreshing to hear that the staff’s hard work does not go unnoticed. We are glad that you have enjoyed not only your most recent stay but your other visits as well. Thank you again for your kind words and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Flemington, New Jersey
Reviewed March 11, 2014

If I could pick up this hotel and bring it with me I would. It is really well designed and welcoming. It's fresh, clean, open, large suite rooms that are carefully planned out, a well equipped gym, and an indoor pool. The rooms have a sitting area with a sectional sofa, flat screen tv, desk, microwave, refridge and coffee station. Sounds typical but the way it's set up is really great. The room is divided by the desk with sliding screen that could be opened up for a family to use as a buffet for meals. there is a separate toilet with sink and another area with the tub and sink both with pocket doors. This would be great for families or for business if you needed to use the room to have a meeting.
The beds were very comfortable and room was quiet. There were tables that could be rearranged to accommodate different set ups for meals or meetings. We were very happy here. Breakfast was typical and the coffee just ok but it's included in your stay. It was easy and fresh. If you're out in this area and need a place to stay - this is a great option. There was a small strip mall area around the corner with a great pizzeria, Ruby Tuesdays, and grocery store.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review. The room design is new for the Springhill Suites brand and has a unique modern feel. We are glad that you were able to enjoy the facility and look forward to having you back in the future.
atlanta
Reviewed February 26, 2014

I booked a room for a week for a employee that would be arriving very early in the morning. To insure a room would be available for him I paid for Wed night so he could get his room immediately and not have to wait until 1:00 or 2:00 pm check in. I called and informed the hotel that it would be a late check in so there wouldn't be a problem.
When Ryan showed up they had not only cancelled his room for that night but they cancelled the whole reservation and charged him for the night. Although the room had been prepaid they refused to honor the reservation. They would of course let him stay at a higher price.
What poor customer service from a hotel chain I have use for years. Just beware that even if you prepay and call about coming in late, if you show up after 1 in the morning they will charge you but not honor the reservation.

Room Tip: Never got to see the room or use facilities.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Greg B, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Long Island Brookhaven, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
First and foremost I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us during your trip to Long Island. I would also like to apologize for the trouble you had with your reservation. Unfortunately with prepaid, third party reservations there are many restrictions when changing arrival and departure dates or even trying to cancel the reservation. Marriott policies differ in many ways from other travel sites. Again I do apologize but I am glad we were able resolve the issue and reinstate your employee's reservation. Hope the other aspects of the stay were enjoyable and we look foward to having you back soon.
Redondo Beach, California
Reviewed February 22, 2014

You're on Long Island on your semi-annual family visit. At the end of a long day, you know you can't stand your loud, obnoxious relatives even one second longer, and that's when you get in your car and drive to your hotel, your sweet respite, the Springhill Suites Long Island Brookhaven. I've stayed here at least 10 times, including 2 weeks ago. It is a lifesaver.

The rooms are large. There is a nice sitting area with a couch, a big LCD TV, and satellite TV channels. This area has a desk, a refrigerator, a little microwave, and a coffee maker. The couch also opens up to a bed. In the bedroom area, there is a king size bed, a wardrobe, and two separate bathroom areas -- one with toilet and sink, and one with shower and sink. The room design is modern, clean, and utilitarian, while also providing style and comfort. The bed firmness varies a bit from room to room, but in general the mattress is quite good for the back.

The hotel also offers a solid free breakfast in the morning, with offerings including juices, fruit, yogurt, bread and cereal, and eggs and sausage. The breakfast is served in the spacious lobby area, which is pleasant for relaxing during the day as well. Free wireless Internet is provided in the rooms, and two terminals (with printers) are also located in the lobby area, available to anyone who wants to use them. All the times I've been to this Springhill Suites, the front desk staff has nearly always been courteous, warm, and helpful. Pro tip: They have corkscrews you can borrow at the front desk. If you need to get drunk after that awful day with your L.I. relatives, the front desk staff is more than happy to provide the hardware. Wine sold separately, but you don't have to go far.... this hotel is located just steps from a major shopping center.

Over 10 visits, there were a few issues that came up. Noise is a common problem in this hotel. Choose a top floor if possible, but even then, many of the visitors to this hotel are just plain loud. Slamming doors and yelling down hallways are not uncommon. After midnight, things tend to quiet down. One time there was a plumbing issue with the toilet not flushing. Another time, the satellite TV was on the fritz. And on weekdays, breakfast is served only until 9 am, if you can believe it. Prices, while exceptional during the winter months, get perilously close to $200/night in the peak summer season. Little things like this keep me from giving this hotel my highest rating. But it is still a very good hotel, a touch of class in the Medford/Yaphank area, and a sorely needed nighttime break from your annoying family.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Craig B
sgumin, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Long Island Brookhaven, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a great review of our hotel. We are so happy to hear that you continue to stay with us, and we are glad to be that calming relaxing place you have to get away from your relatives (We all need one of those places). We look forward to seeing you in the future, and just so you are aware we also sell wine and beer from the market. So if family has you so stressed you out that you don’t want to make that additional stop to the store, we have you covered!
Chappaqua, New York
Reviewed February 21, 2014

While I'm not sure why anyone would need a room in Bellport, try this place if you do. Brand new facility, the staff is quite friendly and the rooms are in great shape. While I don't recall their names, the folks at the front desk were both efficient and super friendly. The breakfast is about what you would expect in a less expensive hotel --more than adequate to get you ready for the day.

Also, it is located such that it is accessible to the major roads nearby (LIE, Sunrise Highway) and there is a small strip mall (Shop Rite and other stores) nearby if you need to grab something at the last minute. The only weird thing about this place is the older man, who appeared to be homeless, that was hovering around the desk when I checked in and was still there the next morning. Harmless enough but kind of strange.

Room Tip: All rooms are new so I wouldn't worry too much.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us! I know our location may seem a little unique however, as you said we are located right between the two major highways giving travelers easy access to the hotel and we also provide a convenient location for business travelers in the industrial park behind us. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and thank you for taking the time to recognize our staff, as they do work very hard to make sure everyone enjoys their stay. Hopefully we see you again if you ever find yourself out this way again!
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed January 26, 2014

I'm a native of Long Island and my family had to come to Bellport for a funeral. I contacted the hotel prior to arriving. A gentleman by the name of Pablo was extremely helpful and kind. This set the stage (in my mind for our stay). I was pleasantly surprised when I saw the room. It was clean and spacious. I always check out the room and wipe everything down before I allow anyone to touch anything. I check out the bedding to ensure proper cleanliness. While checking the bedding I found something that was less than satisfactory to me. I took a couple of pictures and contacted the front desk. Pablo answered the phone and I explained what I had encountered. Pablo asked me to come down to the front desk so as he could address my concern. I showed him the pictures and immediately Pablo said that he would like to put me in another room. Pablo instructed a gentleman by the name of Mario to escort me to the new room and assist me to ensure the room was up to my standards. He was patient, helpful and kind. The room was satisfactory and I then transferred my room. Pablo was empathetic and apologized for the issue and asked was there anything else he could do to make things better during my stay. Pablo was extremely professional and proficient. I appreciate his knowledge of proper customer service. I would recommend staying at this property because of the way Pablo represented this brand and the way he treated me with my issue. I was under the impression that Pablo was the manager and when I found out that he wasn't, I was pleasantly surprised that someone in his position would be as proficient and handle my issue with such professionalism. The manager, Greg, then followed up with me fully ensuring that my stay would be a pleasurable experience based on the circumstances. Greg's professionalism was excellent as well. I had a wonderful stay with excellent service and professionalism. I would recommend staying at this property.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
sgumin, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Long Island Brookhaven, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
First and foremost I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us during your visit to Long Island. On behalf of the hotel we again send our condolences to you and your family. I would also like to apologize for the issues you encountered with your first room but thank you for allowing us to fix the problem. As a Marriott property we pride ourselves on customer service and cleanliness and place ourselves at a high standard. Again I do apologize but I am happy that you were able to enjoy the rest of your stay. Please do not hesitate to contact me during your next visit to Long Island, it would be my pleasure to assist you with your reservations.
Long Island City, New York
Reviewed January 23, 2014

froze sitting in lobby breakfast area hallways cold nowhere to go in hotel to have beds made up too cold outside of room, breakfast from 7 to 9 weekdays. at 9 promptly they haul the food away, nothing left not even juice. of course the front desk will offer to get you something if you are late. true that you can hear neighbors, especially the ones that fight all night and slam doors

Room Tip: get a room with double bed so you can pick the one away from the window. ac unit is drafty at the...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
sgumin, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Long Island Brookhaven, responded to this review, January 25, 2014
First and foremost I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us here at the Springhill Suites in Bellport, N.Y... I would also like to apologize for the temperature in our lobby breakfast area as well as in the hallways. Unfortunately breakfast does take place in our lobby and with the heavy traffic of people in and out of the hotel in the morning it is hard to keep the temperature at a comfortable degree. However, you should be aware that as of this year there will be several renovations done in the hotel one of which being the heating and cooling. I would also like to apologize for the noise you encountered and that we were unable to stop it from continuing. I know it must have been frustrating trying to sleep. As a Marriott property we try our best to ensure respect for all our guests. Again, I would like to apologize on behalf of the hotel and hope that besides the issues you encounter the remainder of your stay was enjoyable. Please if you are ever in the area again and choose to stay with us do not hesitate to contact the hotel in advance, it would be our pleasure to make sure you received the best possible rate as well as a quiet room.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bellport
Fairfield Inn Medford Long Island
Hampton Inn Long Island - Brookhaven
Hyatt Place Long Island East End
Residence Inn Long Island Holtsville
Ramada Plaza Holtsville Long Island
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#2 of 3 in Medford

Been to SpringHill Suites Long Island Brookhaven? Share your experiences!