“A Fantastic Dinner”
Review of Sage Bistro

Sage Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Sage Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 71 Restaurants in Bellmore
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Massapequa, New York
“A Fantastic Dinner”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

While doing some last minute holiday shopping, my husband and I decided to have dinner at the Sage Bistro. We were greeted quickly, seated and were brought water and bread immediately. The waiter came with the menus and took our drink order. I ordered a Brandy Alexander. It was perfectly prepared. We started with appetizers, escargot for me and french onion soup for my husband. Both were outstanding. We ordered the same entree, hanger steak in a peppercorn gravy, served with a potato galette and string beans. Perfect! For dessert, my husband had chocolate mousse, which he thoroughly enjoyed. Service was wonderful, food excellent and the price a bit high, but totally worth it.

• Visited December 2012

NEW YORK
“Maybe just a slip”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

Have been away for over a year. Sage was always a favorite , The service was and still is great but the food seem to have slipped since our last visit. The Boullobaise was sim[ply not up to the standard of the past, the seafoor cakes were overcooked and tasteless. The Lobster Bisque however was super.

We'll go back soon with the hope that we were there on an off night

• Visited December 2012
Merrick, New York
“A hidden gem!”
Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

Consistently excellent food. The wait staff is always attentive, the food always delicious and the best Cesar salad around! A hidden gem!

Merrick, New York
“What happened?”
Reviewed November 29, 2012

Although I've eaten in this restaurant many times and even written a positive review in the past I have to report a terrible experience that my son and I had this evening. The service was terrible, and the manager of the restaurant was disrespectful to me. The waiter was asked four times to bring bread and butter. My food was served cold, and the goat cheese tart was burned. The salad that came with the goat cheese tart was mushy. I don't understand what happened, especially with the attitudes of the servers. When I showed the burned tart to the manager he took it back, but charged me for it anyway. I won't return here!

2 Thank PennyAmouyal
New York City, New York
“Good food, attentive owner, romantic atmosphere.”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Recommended for adults or couples, this little French Bistro should be on restaurant row in Manhattan!
The owner usually will greet you at the door and the decor is warm and relaxing. The food is French but not overly fussy. Anything we've ever had is delicious. The service is very attentive. Its moderately expensive and the only drawback is the tiny parking lot out back. We enjoyed it last valentines day very much , but will go for dinner during the week as well. Take someone special and you get good results!
One word of caution: do not ! Park in the Friendly's parking lot next door. You WILL be towed!

• Visited September 2012