“Just not good”

Ranked #3 of 12 Restaurants in Bedford
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Description: TRUCK is a casual, neighborhood restaurant located in charming Bedford Village. TRUCK's menu is inspired by the down-home cooking traditions of Northern New Mexico where the food has been influenced by Cowboy, Native American and Mexican cultures. TRUCK's menu features tacos, enchiladas and signature salads made with grass-fed beef, sustainably raised pork and vegetables straight from local farms whenever possible.
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Sad but the long awaited opening of this flop--- and what could have been a gold mine since the town needs a place to eat--- is a huge disappointment. Went with 3 others we were all unimpressed.Tiny parking lot. We had a reservation and still waited 20 minutes. It is so LOUD you can't hear across the table and must shout to talk. It was so hot that we had to prop a door open with a fork since the waiter agreed the heat was terrible. Our food was edible but no one was impressed and called it bland, over priced mexican. Two of us had terrible stomach pain after and gas. Friendly and helpful wait staff. Too bad for them. Too bad for Bedford families who want a local spot to go for lunch or dinner.

Reviewed December 15, 2012

Food: A+; Service: A+; Atmosphere: A+;= Best. Bang for buck: B minus-
But get there early and get out early or = Worst.
This popular Mexican-cuisine influenced (reminiscent of Mexican, and not true blue) serves conservative portions (the sides are esp small for the cost); that are magnificently prepared with a lot of thought behind them. Beautifully cooked, perfectly flavored, presented with grace, it's a meal you'll enjoy start to finish. FABULOUS beer list; nice wines. All the servers are intelligent. Small kitchen glitches make this restaurant a no-go during popular hours. Try a 5:00 dinner (yes, I know, retiree hours) on a Friday, then go to the 6:30 movie at the Bedford Playhouse.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

If I wanted Mexican fast food, my first attempt would have been taco bell. The ambiance is on par with a nursing home dining hall, bright lights, petite tables, with tables only inches from each other. Friendly but untrained staff that simply could not get the orders right.

They either revolutionize their business plan or the go the way of the velociraptor.

Needless to say our taillates are the last they have seen of us (which is poetic justice).

Reviewed November 16, 2012

As excited and hopeful as I was to great a newcomer to our area, I find myself so disappointed in Truck. A vegetarian and lover of Mexican food, I was eager to sample Truck's offerings. The chips and guacamole were decent but, as with so much on the menu, ridiculously overpriced. The food was bland to a degree I have rarely encountered. It's as though the chef had assumed that the Bedford community cannot handle chili pepper, intense cilantro flavor, quality cumin. Sadly enough, the tables aren't even equipped with salt and pepper shakers to compensate in some way for the dull insult to the palate. I ordered a vegetarian taco combination with black beans and what is billed as "cilantro and scallion rice." The beans were simply beans, no seasoning to speak of, the rice may have walked through a bed of scallions and rice but was as bland as could be. To add insult to injury, my friend, also a vegetarian, bit into her taco only to discover chicken. While our waiter was profusely apologetic, nonetheless, the serious error had been made.
I will not be returning.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

A group of 5 ladies had dinner here on Friday night at 6:30. Fortunately, we had a reservation and had a terrific corner table. It was a bit too dark for me and we literally had to use a small candle to read the menu. I had no trouble parking, but others in my group who arrived a bit later did complain about the parking situation. We started with excellent guacamole and chips. There are very few drinks - not a full bar - which seemed to bother the others. Since I don't drink, I ordered an iced tea. Fortunately, the excellent server told me that it is mango flavored and I immediately switched to water. Since the hurricane and snow storm had just come through, there were no beers on tap, either. Off to a bit of a rocky start... I had the chopped salad and taco platter. The chopped salad was great; the oyster taco ($7/ea) was WAY too salty for me. Others ordered tacos and salads. Overall, we all liked our meals. They accommodated my request to bring in a birthday cake and served it to us - extremely nice of them to do so - and with a flair. I would go back, knowing that it is a bit overpriced. The atmosphere and service made it worthwhile.