“Business trip, joined by wife”
Review of Bedford Post Inn

Bedford Post Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Bedford B&B and Inns
California
“Business trip, joined by wife”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Bedford Post was recommended to me on a recent business trip to the area...it looked too nice to go alone, so I invited my wife. We had an excellent stay, including a very nice meal at the farmhouse restaurant. We only stayed one night, which seeemed like enough. Nice welcome at the front desk, with complimentary wine both at check in and in the lounge. Nice grounds, but not a great amount of stuff to do, from what I could tell, so it was very relaxing. My wife took a car into town, which seemed expensive at $20. Walking not recommended on the skinny roads. The multi course dinner was quite memorable. A very nice alternative to a traditional hotel. The bar had great ambiance, good drinks and excellent service. A very quaint place, nice to get away for a couple.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed December 3, 2013

I recently had the opportunity to stay at the Bedford Post Inn. Tim, the manager greeted me with a flute of bubbly and the start of a fantastic weekend began. The rooms were understand elegance and your every need is met. The dinner in the dining room was superb, as were the servers, Rodolfo and Roberto and the sommelier, Meng was phenomenal. Every detail made you feel as though you were visiting a relative and the warm and charming decor, made you feel like you should never leave and that one is always welcome. The only thing I would change, is to have bathrobes in the closet...other than that, a stay at the Bedford Post Inn is a most delectable treat that everyone should experience, once!

Room Tip: If you can get room 7 or 8, it is in the original section.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Meg B
Perth
Reviewed November 23, 2013

The Bedford Post Inn is definitely somewhere to stay if you looking for an upscale alternative.

While the Inn is very old, you couldn't tell this inside as its been furnished to a high standard, has a quiet ambience about it and is very comfortable. We had reason to stay in both the Petite and Californian King with both rooms having a similar feel. The Petite was however extremely small (which its supposed to be) and while the Californian is much bigger, I don't think you could say it was huge.

My only gripe with the rooms is that even the Californian doesn't have elements which I think would contribute to a more comfortable stay. It has the smallest TV you could get, there is only one chair in the room, the air conditioning didn't work in either room, there is no in room dining table/space and no desk to place a laptop/tablet.

In addition, you feel like you almost need to be a mountain goat to get to the Inn car park and then into reception. This may be a product of having to deal with wet and snowy conditions, but I would be interested to see well healed guests getting into the Inn.

Given the cost of these rooms I expected to be blown away, having all the little extras that can make a difference. However to my mind, some of the basics were missing, let alone the extra's.

In terms of location the Inn enjoys a feeling of seclusion and therefore don't expect there to be anything else close by. Even Bedford Village has little to offer and so you need to travel to somewhere like Katonah to get that real village experience (about 10 minutes away by car).

In terms of service, no complaints at all. The staff are very friendly, ready to help at any time and really give you the feeling that you are in fact welcome.

So overall, we did enjoy being at Bedford Inn and I think it is an option for those wanting a relaxed but elegant option. But at the same time we felt that what was delivered really didn't match the price tag.

Room Tip: Don't select the Petite room if you need space.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank GazPerth
Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

We had lunch recently in Bedford Inn and really enjoyed the place. The kitchen is a mix of contemporary American and Italian. The place looks very cool and the surroundings gorgeous. Staff is friendly although the valet parking is a bit over the top for the place .... Will absolutely return

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Herman H
Hempstead, New York
Reviewed August 28, 2013

My name is Tony and myself and my wife were about to spend our 3rd wedding anniversary at the Inn, when I tore my meniscus in my right knee. I called Tim Puchalski whom I had made the reservation and he was so sympathetic and gladly changed my reservation. But that was not the end of it. I needed to change it a second time due to a second unexpected surgery. and with not even a hesitation the same wonderful customer service by Tim and he changed it again. No words can even express how I was treated. Every Inn and Hotel should have a person like Tim working for them and then there would always be customers of inns and hotels very happy and always wanting to go back to there place I will tell all my friends and family about the Bedford Post Inn and Tim That never met me but treated me like his family. Looking forward to finally meeting you when we stay in September. Thank You Again Tim. Tony

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Long Beach, California
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I don't think my wife and I could have had a more relaxing and enjoyable experience. The grounds of the Inn are quite beautiful. The staff was informative, friendly and professional. Our room was perfect; king bed, fireplace, private patio, a bathroom with a big tub and shower and a heated tile floor. When we ordered breakfast/room service for 8 AM, it showed up both mornings with 2 minutes! The Restaurant (The Barn) had a completely different menu both nights we were there. One of the best vacation experiences my wife and I have had.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed August 5, 2013

B&Bs are such a great concept yet too often disappoint. Not the Bedford Post. Arrived for a Thursday night stay late July and here are a few takeaways. This is a beautifully done place. My room was fantastic - country but modern / clean. beautiful linens etc. Large bathrooms you'd expect from a top hotel - made better with heated floors. I had one of the best meals of my life at the restaurant outside on the patio. Chef Jeremy and his team cooked outside in a cool little outdoor kitchen you could sit at the bar and look in on. The entire staff - front desk to restaurant were pitch perfect. Warm and friendly yet professional. I had used the virtual concierge service prior to arrival - everything was executed as ordered. This place did everything well from the big things to the small details. Love to go back fall / winter to see the seasons.

Room Tip: I had room 7 which has a great little patio.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank meewahLA
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bedford
Holiday Inn Mt. Kisco (Westchester Cty)
Tarrytown House Estate on the Hudson
The Ritz-Carlton New York, Westchester
Delamar Greenwich Harbor Hotel
Courtyard Tarrytown Greenburgh
Castle Hotel & Spa
Castle Hotel & Spa
#6 of 7 in Tarrytown

Been to Bedford Post Inn? Share your experiences!