“The best customer service ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Bedford Post Inn

Bedford Post Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Bedford B&B and Inns
Hempstead, New York
“The best customer service ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

My name is Tony and myself and my wife were about to spend our 3rd wedding anniversary at the Inn, when I tore my meniscus in my right knee. I called Tim Puchalski whom I had made the reservation and he was so sympathetic and gladly changed my reservation. But that was not the end of it. I needed to change it a second time due to a second unexpected surgery. and with not even a hesitation the same wonderful customer service by Tim and he changed it again. No words can even express how I was treated. Every Inn and Hotel should have a person like Tim working for them and then there would always be customers of inns and hotels very happy and always wanting to go back to there place I will tell all my friends and family about the Bedford Post Inn and Tim That never met me but treated me like his family. Looking forward to finally meeting you when we stay in September. Thank You Again Tim. Tony

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Long Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

I don't think my wife and I could have had a more relaxing and enjoyable experience. The grounds of the Inn are quite beautiful. The staff was informative, friendly and professional. Our room was perfect; king bed, fireplace, private patio, a bathroom with a big tub and shower and a heated tile floor. When we ordered breakfast/room service for 8 AM, it showed up both mornings with 2 minutes! The Restaurant (The Barn) had a completely different menu both nights we were there. One of the best vacation experiences my wife and I have had.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

B&Bs are such a great concept yet too often disappoint. Not the Bedford Post. Arrived for a Thursday night stay late July and here are a few takeaways. This is a beautifully done place. My room was fantastic - country but modern / clean. beautiful linens etc. Large bathrooms you'd expect from a top hotel - made better with heated floors. I had one of the best meals of my life at the restaurant outside on the patio. Chef Jeremy and his team cooked outside in a cool little outdoor kitchen you could sit at the bar and look in on. The entire staff - front desk to restaurant were pitch perfect. Warm and friendly yet professional. I had used the virtual concierge service prior to arrival - everything was executed as ordered. This place did everything well from the big things to the small details. Love to go back fall / winter to see the seasons.

Room Tip: I had room 7 which has a great little patio.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank meewahLA
Rye, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

My husband, adult son and I reserved 4th of July bbq dinner. We dined inside and the service was efficient and professional. We started with a cold antipasto to share then followed by our first course. Two of us had the heirloom tomato salad with mustard seed vinagraitte and one grilled corn and peach salad. We shared tastes and liked that they were crisp and bright tasting. The corn an peach had a nice smoky bacon flavor.Our mains were grilled cornish game hens and spare ribs served with dill potato salad, baked beans and coleslaw. We had difficulty eating our chicken and ribs with forks and knives, as we didn't feel comfortable picking up our entrees with our fingers, so we ended up taking home what we did'nt eat.Dessert was good, nothing special.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank MTWENTZCESTMOI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

We recently spent one night at the Inn, in room 1. Everything was perfect. The room was beautifully decorated and the linens extra soft. The bathroom was beautiful as well and I loved the toiletry products. The turn down service left us with the most delicious chocolates. We received a lovely breakfast tray in the morning. Everyone was so nice and accommodating. Although it rained a little and we didn't go outside, the the fireplace was such a nice addition, as was the wine hour in the early evening. Our dinner at the Barn was delicious. There was pix fixe
menu which had great choices.
I hope to come back again some time!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

I went to a Baptism celebration here last weekend and was pleasantly surprised by the wonderful atmosphere and excellent food. I wasn't aware of this B&B/restaurant, but am going to go back and stay...and definitely order their desserts and sea salt chocolate chip cookies! We all tasted each others desserts and would have ordered more. The lemon curd was amazing, and I don't even like lemony things that much! I went home to try and make the sea salt cookies, but mine were boring in comparison.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Mdesmond
West Palm Beach, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stayed on night at the Bedford Post Inn at $650 for the room. As we walked to the office we passed the reflecting (not swimming) pool that was filthy. I asked the receptionist about this and she said maintenance didn't get to it which they also didn't do by the next day even though they had a Christening and Bar Mitzvah there. The room was nice but not spectacular and the towels were small and worn out. There were no robes in the room and when we asked, we were told they are only on request, because people take them and remember there are only 8 rooms. They told us there was turn down service, however, when we came back to our room after our $250 dinner, the dirty towels were still in the room. The receptionist then brought us clean towels but also worn out. They bring a tray of pastries, coffee and juice. Instead of putting the coffee in a pot, it is brough in 2 cups and by the time you get it, it is cold. They did bring a pot when we requested it. Dinner was far from excellent. A waiter cleared some plates when one of our guests went to the rest room and spilled sauce on the chair. Our guest didn't see it and sat down and had wet pants for the rest of the evening. The hostess' response was "Sorry". The menu was very limited. The pasta appetizers at $16 were tiny as were the sides at $8. There were no vegetables or potatoes with your main course. When wine was ordered by the glass, they poured about 4oz instead of 6oz and when told about it, they said 'sorry'. Desserts were limited and not tasty at all. When we came back from dinner and found our room not cleaned we told the receptionist who told the manager that our meals were unsatisfactory and our room was not cleaned. The receptionist said someone would take care of this and talk to us, but there was a 20 something receptionist in the morning and another at night and no managers were ever seen. The receptionists were nice and did care, but they had no control. There are many much better places to spend your money.

Room Tip: Find another place
9 Thank PabloP1948
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bedford
Holiday Inn Mt. Kisco (Westchester Cty)
Delamar Greenwich Harbor Hotel
Tarrytown House Estate on the Hudson
Castle Hotel & Spa
Castle Hotel & Spa
#6 of 7 in Tarrytown
La Quinta Inn & Suites Armonk Westchester Cnty Apt
The Ritz-Carlton New York, Westchester

Been to Bedford Post Inn? Share your experiences!