“Great if you like Chinese food”
Review of The Little Bear

The Little Bear
Ranked #2 of 2 Restaurants in Bearsville
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Great Chinese food ( I'm not a big Chinese food fan). Beautiful atmosphere, great bar drinks. Recommended for those who are fans of Chinese food

There are newer reviews for The Little Bear

Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

Been there many years ago , it was great , although the place is the same , they havnt spent a quarter in the place in 20 years , the setting next to this rambling brook of beautiful spring mountain water kinda offsets that , the problem is THE FOOD HAS GONE FROM GREAT TO JUST OK , what a shame cause they were the best !! Times change I guess sometimes not for the better !

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Little bear is the best Chinese restaurant in the area hands down. It's situated right next to the river and everything we tried was good. We heard the service can be poor and the food not so great but found this place to be quite the opposite. Portions were large and the prices were slightly higher than a typical Chinese food place but its all worth it when you leave feeling full without that MSG light headed heavy stomached Chinese food syndrome.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

The line wasn't terribly long, but the hostess was a turbo-airhead and her ledger was a mess.
I waited an hour and a half to be seated with my date! And the Hostess--a bonifide woodstock celestial navigator--should have been fired for her gross inefficiency. Average to greasy food with a full of itself attitude...the survival of this pretentious establishment defies logic.

Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

We read the reviews on this place and decided to give it a try. Seven of us ate dinner and tried alot of dishes. The wonton soup was ok, fair. The scallion pancakes were good. The spare ribs were also good. I tried the tom yum soup (thai). The portion was huge, serving 4 easily. Chock full of shrimp, water chestnuts and tofu. Tasty.
We moved onto the curry chicken, beef and broccoli, chicken lo mein, ginger shrimp and stuffed eggplant. The curry chicken was spicy. I like spicy but others in the group thought it too spicy. I would rate it 7/10 spicy. The finger shrimp was likewise very good. Accompanied by spinach, this was a delightful dish. The stuffed eggplant were very good as well. Fried, but nice and light. They are stuffed with tofu. The beef and broccoli is standard. My kids ate the lo mein. They love lo mein and eat it everytime we have Chinese. They said it was the best lo mein they ever had. I tried it and it was good, but not the best I have ever had.
All-in-all, this is a good Chinese restaurant. I would consider it average. They have the standard fare and drinks...I could use one by the time we were through. Wish they offered scorpion bowls!