“Great escape from bustling New York City”

Bear Mountain State Park
Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

Only a one and a half hour bus ride away from manhattan, bear mountain state park was a great escape from the city. The Hessian lake provides a beautiful stroll if you're not keen on climbing up the mountain. There are many available trails which you can take; depending on how far you intend to walk for. The view from top of bear mountain itself was breathtaking respite the cloudiness and definitely worth the 3-4 hours trek up in the cold winter!

Reviewed January 7, 2013

What a great park. I hit the Bear Mountain in the morning with friends last weekend. It was my third visit but never this time of the year.
We started our hiking to the edges with the beautiful views.
B.M.National Park is a fantastic park that offers hiking trails, biking, fishing and cross-country ski.
We took moderate trail which offers nothing but majestic scenery topped with back to the past unbelievable experience. Unspoiled, mature flora took me back to legends of wilderness. In it`s natural state the forest contains of areas crossed with creeks and ponds.
Amazing hiking experience was topped not only by nice mild sunny weather but ice skating rounds. Yes, there is an ice skating rink open till March.
Don`t miss an opportunity to visit this gorgeous mountain which is located only stone throw from NYC ( 2 hrs).

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Both my wife and I enjoyed walking around and seeing the sights as much as our grandkids did. We visit at least once a year.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

If you are looking for the great outdoors it is fine. Don't eat in the cafeteria though. I walked in to use the facilities and it felt like a third rate ski lodge. Pack a lunch like I did.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Come on, $8.00 to park?
and the gift shop doesn't have hiking maps for the area?
Maybe they were out of inventory.

1  Thank Mirquat