Bear Mountain Inn
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Point(Fort Montgomery)(Great Value!)
$143
FairBridge Inn & Suites(Highland Falls)
$89
$119
$96
TripAdvisor
West Point Motel(Highland Falls)
$120
$127
The Thayer Hotel(West Point)
$209
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
Americas Best Value Inn(Central Valley)
$90
$249
Hampton.com
James Motel(Monroe)(Great Value!)
$86
All reviewswest pointoverlook lodgethe ice skating rinkcontinental breakfasthiking trailspaddle boatshudson rivermain buildingking suiteblue roofrooms are largethird floorhessian lakenew york cityyogurtweddingfireplace
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 11, 2013

I just recently took a big group from my job to a picnic at the Bear Mountain Inn. It was a great experience that everybody rated as excellent. The beauty of the Inn and the breathtaking nature's scenery were the perfect setting for our picnic.

The food was excellent and I must highlight the great work done by their Catering Manager Dina Velez and her staff. Their patience and professionalism to accomodate to our requests made a big difference. We certainly look forward to celebrating other events at this great place !!

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 8, 2013

You cannot beat the surroundings with the lake, the mountains, the Hudson River, the trails. When we entered the hotel, we were;t sure where the reception desk was located since there is no clear hotel entrance albeit a lot of ways to get in. We arrived around 1:30 and our room wasn't ready (check in is at 3) so we left our luggage behind the desk (not a secure environment but I wasn;t too worried). As we were checking in, another guest came down to switch rooms because he could hear his neighbors talking through the walls.

After a quick hike and an ice cream in the cafe, we went to room 301, which is the handicapped accessible room. It is set back from all other rooms except one. The room is very spacious and has two queen beds, and a little sitting area. The bathroom is very large. Everything was spotless. The beds were comfortable and so was the room temp. The plumbing is AWFUL. The toilet did not flush well, and the shower dripped eater. I gave the feedback to the front desk manager and she said even though everything was refurbished, the plumbing was still from the early 1900s. We could hear the people next to us, which wasn't bad, until their phone rang early in the morning and they proceeded to talk for 10 minutes. I believe the noise issue also has to to do with an older hotel. It didn't bother us too much, but it could depending on who your neighbor is.

We ate dinner in the restaurant. The service was excellent and so was the food, The wine list was decent. I had the heirloom tomato salad and the lobster cavatelli; both were delicious. The dessert was exquisite: banana bread french toast and a fresh made skillet cookie.

We ate the free continental breakfast. The food was: yogurt, cereal, less than decent generic muffins (with a great chef, I would have loved some home made muffins), a waffle maker that didn't appear to work so well, fruit, and coffee with whole milk, no skim. I can't complain much because it was free, but I would have been happy to pay for a good, nutritious breakfast.

Check in and check out are fairly easy. We did a lot of hiking and I wish the hotel staff was more informed about the trails, or they had a park expert on hand. All in all, a good overnight and I would stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 6, 2013

My husband had stayed here before while hiking the AT, but it was my first trip. Loved the inn, the service, the rooms and the food in their restaurant! So much to do--wonderful walking trails around the lake for me while my husband was hiking the AT, Loved having an elevator to transport all of my medical equipment--don't always find these in inns or B&Bs where we usually stay. Great place all around!

Room Tip: Any room is good--we chose a king and it was reasonably priced and very comfortable.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Liz M, Director of Sales at Bear Mountain Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are thrilled that you found your stay enjoyable and relaxing, and that you were able to take advantage of our incredible walking and hiking opportunities. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Our Best!

Reviewed September 4, 2013

It's wonderful that this has re-opened and it's a lovely property. The rooms have been remodeled and we had a very comfortable space. We had terrible issues with the tv and could not get it to work all night. We had a nice dinner at their restaurant and when we explained our problems the waiter contacted maintenance to see if they could get the tv working. Very proactive and appreciated. Unfortunately when we got back to the room, still no luck. The next morning it was fine. Go figure. The other problem was the drain in the shower. We were basically taking a bath and showering at the same time. Only stayed one night so we didn't get too involved wih maintenance in getting it fixed but it was an issue.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank reba1991
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My wife and I went here on a my old school for a weekend. She had never seen it and I wanted to touch base with a place of many youthful adventures. It was miserable cold so we didn't do too much walking around especially since it was such awesome view with a roaring fire in the lobby with games, tv and perfect ambience for putting your feet up in front of the fire and letting the stress fade away. We will be back.

Room Tip: It also has a wonderful capability to do events such a family reunions or weddings. We almost moved our wedding here, but we had way too many friends and family that would have to travel so we kept it in Virginia.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple