“Decent thai food - excellent lunch deal”

Sukhothai Restaurant
Ranked #35 of 76 Restaurants in Beacon
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Beacon, New York
“Decent thai food - excellent lunch deal”
Reviewed June 6, 2012

I recently visited Sukothai during lunch hour , and the experience was very nice. the food quality had improved from my last 2 visits. Both the dishes were nice, the complimentary drink and spring rolls were a nice touch.

• Visited April 2012

Portsmouth, New Hampshire
“Great Thai food and a nice atmosphere”
Reviewed May 9, 2012

For a nice meal and great Thai -- try Sukhothai. The whole experience is wonderful. I like the pictures of the chef's family throughout the dining room.

Visited June 2011
New York City, New York
“Sukhothai: nice choice for lunch”
Reviewed April 6, 2012

Whenever I eat here, food is always good, but I leave feeling hungry. Lunch is probably your best bet!!!

Visited February 2012
Middletown, New York
“Horrible food”
Reviewed February 8, 2012

I was excited when I first seen the restaurant open because I love good Thai food but this was not the place. I was expecting really good authentic Thai food but if you've ever had good Thai food then you would not enjoy this place since it's a waste of money and a let down. The place itself is OK, nothing really fancy or overdone. I'm not sure what it was that we ate that got us sick but we were all sick after eating here. I wouldn't say it was food poisoning but we all felt it. There was all this hype about this place but it could use a little help in the kitchen.

• Visited March 2011
2 Thank justbeachy424
East Sandwich, Massachusetts
“Uninspired Thai food”
Reviewed January 13, 2012

We were in Beacon for a performance at the theater. The person at the ticket counter recommended this restaurant. She said she'd traveled extensively, and this was the best Thai she ever ate. We had planned to eat somewhere else, but based on her recommendation, we decided to take the short walk to this place.

I'm not sure how much the ticket lady traveled, or how much Thai food she ate to rate this as "the best ever" Thai food. I feel bad for her, since she must have never eaten at a good Thai restaurant.

The food here was okay. It lacked the flavor and texture complexities of Thai food. Instead it was a somewhat generic meal, tasty, but not a meal at a level of quality that would have me return there.

• Visited December 2011