“Great beer selection & amazing food!”
Review of The Hop Beacon - CLOSED

The Hop Beacon
Cuisines: American, Cajun & Creole, French, Gastropub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night
Description: We are a Craft Beer Gastropub (& still a retail store) that focuses on local artisans fare. There are 16 rotating drafts, dozens of American whiskeys, house made charcuteries, and much much more. Come drink, eat, shop & be merry. Cheers!
Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

My man loved the beers, both on tap and the bottle selection, as well as the option to take some home for later. The food was not your usual pub fare, with creative selections like pork profiteroles and a raisin & rabbit terrine. I'll definitely be back!

1  Thank Katherine E

Reviewed April 30, 2014

Great craft brew selection, friendly, knowledgable staff. I go there a few times a month to grab whatever IPAs look interesting. My wife & I and another couple ate there one night where they paired different beers with (superb) food selections. I think it was called their "chef's table" event. They sat us in the middle of the kitchen, a table for 4, and served us a multitude of courses - left feeling very good, very full. I think they only do this gig a couple of times per month and only for very small groups. It was very cool.

1  Thank mazzzzzzzzzzzz
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Great beer selection, best one for many miles. Food is decent. What sucks is the attitude, very Brooklyn-on-the-Hudson hipster. Please, just loose the attitude guys. It is also rough getting 1) a table in the miniscule dining area 2) just getting service. The "order" counter is stuffed between a cheese cooler and bar patrons and you basically have to bump into folks, say a lot of excuse me and still be treated like some annoying moron for just existing.

1  Thank heroek
Reviewed April 18, 2014

We ate here on a Monday night. Quite busy. Took us a few minutes to realize we had to go to the counter to order. Saw no signs. But the beer was tasty and the food was excellent. Highly recommend this place.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

We ate here a few weeks ago and was so very surprised by the food! I knew the beverages were good, but found the food stood firmly on it's own two feet here! I had a vegan ruben (spectacular, especially with a rich stout), and my husband had the polenta (served with kale, an egg and fantastic chutney). We were very satisfied with the portions, and really pleased overall. My daughter had some difficulty finding something to eat (she's 6) but ultimately had a grilled cheese sandwich was a little above her in it's combination of cheese, but she enjoyed it in the end!

1  Thank LizS1234