“Amazing location, food interesting if a bit kooky”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Roundhouse

The Roundhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
The Roundhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 76 Restaurants in Beacon
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Main Street
Transit: Beacon train station - Metro North Railroad.
Description: The Roundhouse is a unique, historical property overlooking a beautiful waterfall, rushing creek and bustling street corner in charming, artsy Beacon, NY. The Roundhouse is a unique, historical property overlooking a beautiful waterfall, rushing creek and bustling street corner in charming, artsy Beacon, NY. Our singular name represents several masterfully restored buildings that offer a full-service experience, including a boutique hotel, award-winning New American restaurant and popular event space that holds up to 200 guests.
New York, New York, United States
“Amazing location, food interesting if a bit kooky”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

You can't beat the view at this restaurant, with its floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking a really pretty waterfall. The decor is fairly minimal and soothing, and the service was excellent. The only (minor) disappointment was the food, which was very interesting but didn't always hit the mark. Our server highly recommended a seasonal appetizer called 'Summer,' which should have been a lot better than it was (I'm not sure quite what was in it, but it felt like eating corn silk with some dried corn and tomatoes and a bit of aioli). For an entree I had soft shell crabs, which came with a strange mixture of brussels sprouts, bitter greens and picked rhubarb, and a tasty sauce. It was an odd mixture but ended up being quite tasty. My husband's lamb loin looked good, but I don't eat meat so didn't try it. For dessert we shared the chef's reimagined 'Mounds' bar, which should have been a lot better -- the chocolate layer on top was tough to dissect and there should have been some berries or fruit coulis to cut the sweetness. My sloe gin fizz cocktail was very good. All in all, it was a mixed experience, though the chef is obviously ambitious and imaginative--and the location would lift any meal there above the ordinary.

Visited July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Turkish first
New York
“Unexpected surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2014

We just happened upon Swift by the Beacon Falls as we were driving through Beacon. What a really nice restaurant. The ambiance was really nice with its cool décor and the Beacon falls just outside. I really enjoyed my soft shelled crab. My partner had a flat iron steak which was cooked to perfection. Our friend had the lamb; which he really enjoyed. There is something for everyohe on the menu. It was nice that they served us an amuse bouche on the house as well a really good macaroon with our coffee an the end of our meal. The service was very good.We just really liked it there. The restaurant is attached to the Roundhouse; which is a haute hotel with rooms overlooking the falls. There is also a bar area with seating near the fireplace A little expensive..but worth it.. I will definitely go back.

New York City, New York
“Fabulous!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Swift. Both the indoor and outdoor restaurants serve incredible food with excellent service. The food is fresh, farm to table at its best, and the drinks and desserts are beyond wonderful. I recommend this restaurant to anyone who wants any food from haute cuisine to burgers; the chef must be commended for his diversity and culinary expertise Wonderful, wonderful restaurant at the most beautiful falls in Hudson, NY.

1 Thank Amie1717
York, PA
“Lovely View and Delicious Brunch!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

We sat on the Patio (but check out the Mad Men Interior of the Restaurant.....so cool!). They had plenty of large umbrellas for shade.We ordered from the brunch menu and enjoyed the sound of the water cascading over the nearby falls.It makes for a very romantic meal. I kept thinking what a nice place it was for a date. Very elegant while still being an outdoor, modern patio. I had the Dutch Baby, my husband had yummy Soba Noodles with ground beef. Both were tasty and the service was excellent. The Patio area has it's own full bar. There is parking nearby on the street. The town had cute shops you could stroll through before or afterwards.

London, United Kingdom
“Great Burgers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

I've been here a couple of times with several people. They have a good range of local beers, but after the first time I had to come back for a burger, about the best I've ever had, equal to the Hard Rock in London. Great views of the falls if you eat outside or are lucky enough to get a window seat in the winter. I'll be back again,

• Visited June 2014