“Great burgers, fries.”
Review of Poppy's - CLOSED

Poppy's
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Loved eating here for a good hand-made burger. The fries are great, and the service is a little overly friendly but prompt and efficient. Great location to my favorite spots in Beacon.

1  Thank rosendalerocks

Reviewed August 9, 2012

We love Poppy's! Always great burgers and fries...and the veggie burger is A-1 too. If you like great burgers, you can't go wrong at Poppy's.

1  Thank lilacrosie
Reviewed August 5, 2012

It was a hot Summer's evening and we were all in the mood for burger, one of the couples suggested we go to Poppy's in Beacon. We hadn't been there so we all agreed to meet at Poppy's, a hamburger joint on Main Street in Beacon. The place is small with several tables lining the walls on each side. You go up to the counter to order, either a quarter pound or a double ( half pound) hamburger, fries small or large, sweet potato chips, and choice of toppings on the burger. You also choose your drink choice from a cooler next to the counter. Our orders were taken, we seated ourselves and proceded to wait for the burgers. It was a fairly long wait, so I was expecting a really decent burger, it was not to be. A large brown bag was brought to the table, each burger wrapped in aluminum foil and the fries in a smaller, grease coated brown paper bag. The burgers were fairly greasy, the roll flattened and soggy. The taste was not much better than it looked. So much for Poppy's.

1  Thank gourmand47
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Poppy's was recommended to us and we went out of our way to visit them for a good burger. The venue reminds me of a bus stop. Small tables, not particularly clean or cared for. The guy behind the counter was friendly - but we had to ask for everything - silverware, napkins, condiments. The bugers come wrapped in foil with no plates. It was messy and we had to go back for more napkins. The price was outrageous. Will skip this place on my next visit.

Reviewed June 10, 2012 via mobile

On entering Poppy's, we only had to wait about 5 minutes to order our food at the counter. When it was my turn, I attempted to place my order. I say attempted because at least 6 times when I tried to speak the guy behind the counter turned to either speak to the cook in the kitchen or to help other customers find napkins and ketchup. When he finally decided to pay attention to me, I had to repeat my order several times before it was right. He was writing down my order as I told him, but what he was writing was not what I was saying.

Anyway...when we did get our food, it looked absolutely nothing like the burgers on the website poppyburger.com. It looked much closer to a mass produced McDonald's burger. Not much flavor at all. It didn't taste bad, but it was nothing special and most certainly did not justify the $6.50 price tag. Fries were alright.

Four burgers, two small fries, and four sodas came to $47. In my opinion, this place is WAY overpriced for the quality of the food. I also feel that the food depicted on their website in no way resembles the food I was served. False advertising. There are much better deals elsewhere on Main Street in Beacon.