“A nice spot for lunch!”

Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout
Boston, Massachusetts
“A nice spot for lunch!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

We hopped off I-84 west and stopped for lunch at this little spot on Main Street. If you eat inside, you order at the counter and then pick a seat. But if it's a nice day definitely go to the rear where there is a small patio garden with about 8 or 9 tables. There is table service in the garden, and the service was prompt and friendly. The menu has a nice selection of salads and sandwiches, and everything we had was well prepared and very good. A turkey sandwich on brioche was tasty, and a quinoa salad with black beans, red pepper, greens and a lime dressing was equally good. They also have a nice selection of beers. We will be happy to return the next time we are in the area.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Bob T

• Polish first
New York City, New York
“Happy brunch! at homespun in the garden”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2014

My Sunday favorite place for my brunch. Sitting in the garden. Happy flowers and singing birds make me enjoy my meal, and everyone enjoys the food and the good time at this place. It's a cool place on Main Street in Beacon. By the way, big happy chocolate coconut macaroon, and the fresh homemade cookie for the season... Try them! You will love it!

• Visited April 2014
Beacon, Ny
“Great place w/o exhorbitant prices”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

Ok, so this place is sort of a hybrid deli/restaurant, with almost self-serve if you want, but in the summer (or at least warmer weather), they have a nice back garden area where you can receive "regular?" restaurant service. The food is really good, but nothing fancy. It sort of has that "Brooklyn hipster" kind of mood.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank Steve K
Beacon, New York
“This place is the heart and soul of Beacon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

My wife and I have been coming here for several years, ever since the restaurant opened. We especially enjoy the outside garden in the summer months and the great staff here. The food is always great here – healthy and with the freshest quality ingredients. Homespun also runs the restaurant In DIA, our great local museum. YOU MAY HAVE A WAIT ON THE WEEKENDS BUT IT'S WORTH IT. You will also make the most interesting people in the area here. Try it!

• Visited February 2014
Long Island City, New York
“Funky & cool”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

Stopped here for breakfast on way Upstate. I've been driving through Beacon for many years and always loved the town. It looks to have finally made the leap from a town with a lot of potential to coming into it's own.

I had a great cappuccino and although I intended on having breakfast I opted for a Mediterranean tuna sandwich.

My only complaint was the temperature in the restaurant seemed to be somewhere in the 50's and we had to keep our jackets on the entire time.