“Take Out”

Isamu
Ranked #28 of 76 Restaurants in Beacon
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I got take out twice during December 2012 here. I ordered inside and waited. The staff was ok with service, nothing superb. $15 minimum on a credit card order (tacky but I hate credit card companies more so I understand). The Sushi was good though and the chef certainly tries different things. It is certainly unique. The restaurant from what I could see has an upscale bar type of look. I would return if the opportunity arised.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

I live in the city where this restaurant is located and I have been here many times when I'm dying for sushi and do not want to drive far. But I have now vowed to never give them my business again! These people do not know the first thing about proper restaurant hospitality. The waitress was unfriendly and barely understood what we were saying. When we left a 15% tip she came over and counted the amount in front of us. She then proceeded to say we did not leave enough, and that we needed to leave more. Another visit consisted of them forgetting to give my party and I separate checks when we had asked for them before we ordered. We then suffered a grueling 10 minutes of them trying to separate the meals out. When we left our tip, the waitress once again came over and counted it right in front of us. She then grunted at the fact that we left a solid 15%. I work at a restaurant myself and understand the importance and etiquette of tipping, but I will not leave more then 15% of my bill if the service simply not good. The fact that these people can barely speak english and then proceed to say you did not leave them a big enough tip is astounding. Not to mention that they bring your entrees out at random intervals and practically rush you out the door by clearing the entire table as you are still seated.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

Can't beat this sushi. Chinese foods are wonderful too. We have brought many friends here (some from Japan who gave it the thumbs up) and we have always been pleased. Service can be a little rough (piling plates at the table) but fast. Food fresh and excellent!

Reviewed September 15, 2012

It's one of those easy places for good food at more than a reasonable price. We've been there at least 20 times and found it to be consistenly good in every way, what's on the menu, the ambiance, service, speed, and the food itself. And when the check arrives, the bottom line is so modest that first though is something might have been left off in the addition. Definitely a bargain, we are moved to leave a tip well over the normal amount to compensate the servers. Not sure why the other reviewers are so luke-warm, we like it very much and keep going back again and again as do several of our friends.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

I have to spank them with this review as the last time I was there I had sushi and sashimi and there is NO way that fish was fresh on that day! I am a stickler for absolute freshness when it comes to sushi and it was (not even a lot) but ever so slightly off, which for me is a big no-no!
I took guests there many times and we have enjoyed many good meals there. There prices are reasonable and their quality generally consistently good. Except for this one incident!
I hope they will read this and pay better attention so that they can keep up their otherwise excellent work because I do enjoy going there. The atmosphere is beautiful and calming, it has been a very nice place to bring my clients and guests. The service is not the greatest in the world and could use improvement but it has never been an impediment to us returning so I do hope they will pay greater attention to quality.

1  Thank CatherineNYC1