“Outstanding B&B”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Beacon
Chrystie House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 6 Beacon B&B and Inns
Apple Valley, California, United States
“Outstanding B&B”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

We stayed at the Chrystie House B&B over the weekend of August 25 and 26, 2012. Had booked it a month earlier off the web. What a joy to behold upon arrival! Yuan Lee is a talented, charming and delightful host/owner with a total desire to see that his guests are comfortable and pleased with their stay.

Room Tip: With four great rooms to pick from, it's all a matter of taste.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Robert B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Sao Paulo
Reviewed August 22, 2012

It took me forever to write this review, but I can't stop thinking about how great this place was.. It all starts with the owner who has true passion for this bed and breakfast--he has put his heart and soul into staying true to the historical aspects of the house. The rooms are so well done, and super interesting. The breakfast was so tasty, and the owner makes sure you have everything you need.

My boyfriend and I wanted a quiet, relaxing NYE weekend away from the busy city and we definitely got it....Beacon has a cute downtown, and nice little river to take a look at-- during the winter everything was picturesque...I highly recommend!!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Whitney B
Northern Virginia
Reviewed July 28, 2012

This B&B grew on us the longer we stayed (three nights). Run by Mr. Lee, an artist, historian and man of many talents, he definitely aims to please. One example: he hops a cab into town every morning to bring back a freshly made breakfast from one of Beacon's best caterers. There's fresh fruit salad, a soft buttery croissant, a moist scone and a rich quiche. All very tasty and pleasantly presented.
The historic house is tastefully decorated (no precious trinkets or doodads) with an amazing library of art books.
We'd definitely stay again--and recommend it to friends who want to visit the area--but are only giving Chrystie's four stars because it's still a little rough around the edges. For example, the porch didn't seem to have been cleaned up since the previous visitors (cans of peanuts and dirty dishes were still on the table the first night we went to sit there). And the grounds, potentially beautiful on several acres, were a bit weedy and unkempt, although Mr. Lee has clearly spent a lot of time building a beautiful patio and stone walls. Seems like it has some growing-up to become a full-fledged, five-star B&B. But it's close.
Although not really walking distance to Beacon's Main Street, it is a close drive there--and to other nearby Hudson River Valley attractions.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank vatravelingbug
ChrystieHouse, Owner at Chrystie House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, August 4, 2012
I thank the encouraging review very much. I want to use the opportunity to apology to all the guests who had stayed in Chrystie House in the last two weeks of July who had walked around the ground with the conditions described on this review. The mother nature had imposed challenges for this innkeeper, and the business as usual type of the landscape contractors who had been maintaining the site: the early July heat/drought had scorched more than two acres of lawn here, the routine maintaining works had been executed by a team of workers who equipped with lawnmowers, trimmers and blowers, had been suspended by the contractor twice, the following two weeks of stormy weather conditions, not only made the recovering lawn grew unevenly, but also let all kinds of weeds, especially some newly invaded species, grew in an unbelievable pace. Realized that I could no longer depend on the process oriented contractors or myself to handle the situations, I have renegotiated the contract and contacted a few local caretakers who in this moment are working hard to make the property looks right again.
I understand the expectations from you, the guests I so enjoyed to have, and want to tell you that I am committed to do everything I can to deserve your continue supports.
Macomb Twp
Reviewed June 10, 2012 via mobile

We have never stayed at a bed and breakfast but this experience will ensure a return visit. I have never felt so welcomed and comfortable. The inn keeper is so kind and a wealth of history and experience - we loved talking with him. Breakfast was perfect on the beautiful patio with nature surrounding us. We as patrons are lucky to have someone willing to restore and maintain our American history and keep it personable. My husband and I will be sure to encourage anyone who will listen to visit. I just loved it!

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Bobbi1974
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed May 29, 2012

The owner and host, Yuan Lee, couldn't have been more accommodating at this beautiful English-styled bed and breakfast. The three-course breakfast he served on his patio was fantastic --fresh fruit, pastries and quiche, and OJ and coffee. A perfect way to start your day. (I also recommend bringing a bottle of wine to enjoy on the patio in the afternoon.) Coming from the City, I couldn't have been happier in such a serene and quiet setting. There is a nearby waterfall one can easily walk to, and getting to Main Street is a $6 cab ride (if you don't have a car). Anytime I visit Beacon, I will be sure to stay with Yuan.

Room Tip: We stayed in the William Few room -- and very much enjoyed the tempurpedic mattress, the only one of...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Lucy-Claire S
Houston, Texas
Reviewed May 19, 2012

Great house and gardens. Breakfast included pastries and fruit. Very quiet bedrooms. Highly recommend.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Roger W
New York City, New York, Usa
Reviewed May 6, 2012

We reserved all four bedrooms in this beautifully restored B&B for a family reunion. Yuan Lee is an incredibly thoughtful and interesting host.
He is justifiably proud of this "work of art", and it is also delightful, as well, to see the other works of art, his beautiful paintings, through out the house. Because one member of our group is a vegetarian Yuan ordered a special quiche for our breakfast which also included fresh fruit salad, cranberry scones, orange juice, and really good coffee. The house is spotless,and in a lovely setting. We will go back there for sure!
PS. We saw two flat brown bugs while we were there....NO MORE ! After all when one is in the country one can expect some some sort of insect life! We live in NYC...goodness knows what sort of creatures lurk in some hotels here !

Room Tip: Each room is unique.Look at Yuan`s site online...the photos are very good. So just read about bed si...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank citycat66
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beacon
The Inn And Spa At Beacon
Hilton Garden Inn Poughkeepsie/Fishkill
The Roundhouse
The Roundhouse
#2 of 2 in Beacon

Been to Chrystie House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!