“Family Fun!!”
Review of Mill Creek Tavern

Mill Creek Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Mill Creek Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 18 Restaurants in Bayville
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Pine Park
Description: Mill Creek Tavern is a cozy and warm neighborhood restaurant with big city cuisine, served in an intimate dining room with exquisite menu selections. Start with the Tuscan calamari, onion soup, or a mussel pot. Enjoy entrees like Mim's meat loaf, pecan-crusted sole, or filet mignon. Save room for campfire s'mores or have it all with the dessert sampler.
Reviewed June 26, 2013

The ambience was quaint n quiet but the food choices were varied nestled up on north shore of long Island, in Village of Bayville, this hometown resturant had a varied great menu. Tuesday was lotsa pasta night, with several delicious choices, a pre fixe menu, which i chose a sauteed chicken dish which was delicious! Started with an iceberg wedge salad and ended with an oreo mousse slice of pie. Chicken pot pie was homemade n great as well n the Banana Foster was heavenly!!! I definitely recommend when in area check this place out!

1  Thank Kimberly D

Reviewed June 12, 2013

The service was slow (though friendly when available). The food was very underwhelming, a seafood fra diavalo dish was bland, mussels were just bad and calamari was hard and chewy.The surf & turf was a joke, one shrimp (with tail on) was hidden under bland, poorly cooked risotto ($27.95!). Even the filet mignon (the turf), which consisted of 3 medallions was bland. Clearly, the chef was not using any seasoning or tasting anything before it left the kitchen. We also had a seafood pot pie that contained 2 shrimp, 2 sea scallops and that's it (aside from some potato, peas, and carrots). Even with this voucher deal (Travelzoo), I left there feeling like I paid way too much. The only bright spot was the dessert, Juniors cheesecake, cooked elsewhere, they couldn't screw that up!

2  Thank Dan9x
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Four of us went and will go back. Food was very good. Service was very good. Atmosphere nothing out of ordinary no view of the water. We'll be going back probably in the fall.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I had purchased a travel zoo voucher for this restaurant and boy I was not sorry! I went this past Saturday for my birthday with my husband. The ambiance is just perfect, the staff lovely, and food delicious. We both ordered the filet mignon with shrimp and lobster risotto which was delicious. The only thing I can say was that my husband thought the filet mignon was a little skimpy for the price but all in all I will definitely be back.

1  Thank sheeba77
Reviewed March 25, 2013

My husband and I found the Mill Creek Tavern on travel zoo.com. We went for dinner at 6 o'clock. The man George who took our reservation should have informed us that the bridge to Bayville was closed due to construction from hurricane Sandy. The detour took my husband and I 10 miles out of our way. When we arrived for 6 o'clock reservation we were immediately seated. Eventually we were greeted by our female waitress. I am lactose intolerant and gluten intolerant and I made her aware of that. She listened, but then said choose two meals and I'll see what we can do. I waited close to 20 minutes for my glass of Chianti Classico. She eventually came to the table and we asked for my glass of wine. She did not charge us. That was the right thing to do. My husband ordered a salad and asked to have the blue cheese from the salad put on the side, so that i could share with him. She brings the salad with the blue cheese mixed in and blue cheese dressing on the side. It was supposed to have a balsamic vinaigrette dressing. My husband didn't want to make a commotion. Both my husband and I ordered the Millcreek Tavern surf and turf. It came with three pieces of fillet mignon two small pieces of shrimp with risotto. We both ordered our meat medium, and ask our waitress what medium was at the Millcreek Tavern. Both of our meat came back redder than red. Our waitress never came back to our table to ask how our dinner was. We had to ask Patrick the host if he could please bring our pieces of filet mignon back to the kitchen . Patrick brought our meat back out to us and for a third time a piece of meat had to be sent back to the kitchen. It was still too raw. Again our waitress never came back to ask us how our dinner was going. Then came dessert. My husband had to wait close to 15 minutes before he got his chocolate pudding. There were only two people working 15 tables. We will not be returning to this restaurant.

2  Thank MonicaK614