“Anchor Inn became my home away from home when I had to be in the area”
Review of The Anchor Inn

The Anchor Inn
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Bayside
Berkeley, California
“Anchor Inn became my home away from home when I had to be in the area”
Reviewed May 14, 2010

I have stayed here many times over the last three years. The staff is friendly and attentive.The rooms are clean and comfortable--nothing fancy but clean, well-furnished with comfortable beds, small refrigerator and in-room movie rental, good reading lamps, wireless internet. The bathrooms are clean but my one real complaint is that the plumbing sometimes "sings" due to older plumbing. The location is convenient to two airports and the LIRR into Manhattan is a five minute walk. It is also a ten minute walk to a running and biking path by Long Island Sound

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
AnchorInn1, Manager at The Anchor Inn, responded to this review, September 3, 2010
Thank you Ms. W.B. for staying with us many times over the last few years. We appreciate you as a customer and hope to see you again soon. For what it is worth we are renovating 28 of our bathrooms and they are changing all of the plumbing in these bathrooms. It is my hope that the plumbing upgrade will eliminate if not suppress the singing pipes you referred to.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Queens
Reviewed April 12, 2010

The rooms are clean and spacious. The staff is friendly and very helpful. I've been to a lot of hotels and for the price this is the best one in the neighborhood.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank apersaud14
Thank you for your review. We hope to have you with us again in the near future.
Orlando
Reviewed January 29, 2010

I have been staying at the Anchor Inn on numerous occasions since 2006. I always stay only one night, and find the hotel staff very nice and friendly. I have always gotten excellent service, The rooms have definitely improved over the last 3 years, and the new rooms are great. On one of my stays I was upgraded to a deluxe suite, because the manager, Daniel, felt that I was overcharged on a previous visit. I stay at the Anchor Inn maybe 4-5 times a year, and plan on continuing to do so

Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
2 Thank ilovebayside
Thank you for your excellent review. We hope to have you with us again in the near future and that others have similar experiences as you have with us. You wrote that you liked that the rooms have gotten better over the years. You posted your review in January 2010, you will be excited to know that as of now (September 2010) we are in the process of renovating 28 bathrooms top to bottom and adding 37" flat panel TV's in those rooms as well.
Boston,Mass
Reviewed January 23, 2010

As a frequent business traveler I have stayed in the Anchor Inn and was extremely happy with my room, the standard of cleanliness was perfect. The wifi was perfect for my business. The location was convenient to the LIRR for me and my spouse to get to the city for all the holiday shopping and when coming back to the hotel my room was set and ready for the night.

We will definitely will be coming back to the Anchor Inn in the near future.

1 Thank DaveBoston435
Thank you for your wonderful review. We hope to have you with us again in the near future.
Texas
Reviewed January 6, 2010

When I have to come to NY on business this is one of my secret places to stay since it's less expensive but it's near a lot of cool places and not far from Manhattan. The owner is a real nice guy and a pleasure to deal with and is very accommodating.

monticello, NY
Reviewed December 30, 2009

As a business traveler who does one or two night stays at small hotels, I was surprisingly satisfied with the service at the hotel.

Since I usually arrive tired and exhausted at the end of a long day, I don't socialize with staff or other visitors. All I want is a comfortable, clean and fresh room.

At the Anchor Inn, it was refreshing to see the smile, courtesies and positive attitude at the front desk. After unpacking my bag, I realized that I forgot to pack a toothbrush and paste; after one call and 5 minutes later, a comb, toothbrush and small vial of toothpaste was delivered to my room. The room also smelled fresh and was warm (Dec.) and clean.

Baltimore
Reviewed December 16, 2009

Upon entering the Anchor Inn, one is met with a broad smiling face, a beautiful aquarium, comfortable couches and a sun-filled antechamber. When dealing with the front desk staff, the ambiance of quiet peacefulness is continued. And when settling down in your comfortable bed--top quality mattresses that cannot be found in any local retailer--the hustle and bustle of the mean city streets is the farthest thing from your mind. I would heartily recommend the hotel for anyone at any time.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bayside
Adria Hotel And Conference Center
#7 of 18 in Flushing
The One Boutique Hotel
The One Boutique Hotel
#11 of 18 in Flushing

Been to The Anchor Inn? Share your experiences!