“Disappointed”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
New York City, New York
“Disappointed”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

This is a beautiful restaurant off of Bell Blvd in Bayside. Friends told us this location and we decided to try it with my husband and kids. Unfortunately we were disappointed. My husband and I ordered from the specials, which is supposed to be special.... My tuna and mashed potatoes came out stone cold, my husband's pasta came out sauce with water. The kids had burgers, which were overdone. I forgot to mention the food came out before we were finished with our appetizers. The best thing about our meal was the beer we ordered. Sounds like the old bar should come back. Although we loved the decor of the place, we weren't really happy with the food. Sorry, but I don't think we'll be back.

• Visited September 2012

• Korean first
NYC
“Miss the Old Menu”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

The Old Donovan's was truely a bar that has bar food. The current is a restaurant with a bar. Don't get me wrong, the current food is good but upscale from the old and more expensive. The place changed hands around 2007-08, we still miss the old greasy hamburgers, (new donovan's burger is not the same, don't let them fool you), the chopped steak smothered in their gravy and their specials, especially the Trout Almondine. We used to go to the old Donovan's 3 times a month, the new one, once every three months or so. The food is good but I still miss the old menu.

PS. every once in a while we would go to the original Donovan's in Woodside. Now the owners are looking to sell that one too. :(

• Visited September 2012
Jay, VT
“Donovan does it!”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

This is a great place!
Staff helpful and friendly, food is excellent! Portions good, wide variety of offerings.
We shared entrees and the waitress brought out extra plates!
How thoughtful!

florida
“the most terrible experience”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Have been coming to this place for the past 40 years and never had such a bad experience....the service was horrible, wine overpriced and , terrible and the hamburger, which they were noted for was horrible! What a dissappointment from when the Donovans owned this place.....NO COMPARISON I will NEVER go back and it's a shame for being such a noted restaurant for so many years!!Can't believe anyone likes it!

• Visited April 2012
Bayside, New York, United States
“Still the Best”
Reviewed July 5, 2012 via mobile

Has been and still is the BEST BURGER in TOWN... turkey, beef or vegetable! Also, try the crab cakes, but ask for a regular sandwich bun instead of the larger bun that comes with it.