“Adria Hotel... Is Ok”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Bayside
London
“Adria Hotel... Is Ok”
Reviewed June 5, 2010

Me and my boyfriend stayed at this hotel for 3 nights.

Well first thing is it was not as close to the airport as they said... It is about 30 mins from the airport. When We arrived in at the hotel the first thing that came to my mind was OMG it looks old, but when you go inside its not that bad.

The rooms were ok, very clean. The staff are very friendly and helpful so were the maids. The breaksfast is ok y(there were things such as eggs, beacon, toast, hash browns, cereal, fruit, muffins, tea, coffee and juice).

There is not much to do in the area so if you hoping to go out and about I suggest you pick some where near the city. There is a 24hr Burger King across the road from the hotel and a few other shops around, but as i said there is not much to do.

I can not say anything bad about this hotel, accept the location is a bit of a let down as there is not much to do and the lift is very, very, very, very,very,very,vey,very,very,very,very,very slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww lol that lift has to be the slowest life in the world, its only got 3 floors.

I booked my hotel on expedia.co.uk I paid £159 for 3 nights BB... not bad... YES IT WAS WORTH THE MONEY. Oh yea there is free internet which was good :-)

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Korean first
Reisterstown, Maryland
Reviewed June 1, 2010

We were in town for a wedding and only stayed one night at the Adria. We found it to be clean and the staff was very pleasant. The complimentary breakfast was actually pretty good. It consisted of scrambled eggs,hash browns,bacon, asst. cereals, muffins,bagels, cream cheese, orange juice,cranberry juice, and coffee. There was also access to a computer in the lobby (free to guests).

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Berkeley, California
Reviewed May 15, 2010

FANTASTIC PLACE FOR PARENTS AND INCOMING STUDENTS OF ST. JOHN'S. THE LOCATION IF PERFECT.

simply had to leave this review... ADRIA IN QUEENS, NY

From the first moment I was greeted by the Adria receptionist, Melanie, my love for the Adria began. I was a smooth transaction I was immediately taken care. I also asked for extra sheets and they were delivered to my door within minutes by the hospitality staff. The hotel was clean, quiet and actually had a lot going on during my stay. There was a wedding party, a couple of conferences and even a church service on Sunday. I was impressed. What made this little gem a fine for me was the continental breakfast! Actually, I don't know why they called it continental because the breakfast was complete. From a buffet style layout you could choose from scrambled or boiled eggs, hash-brown, sausage, pancakes, bagels, cereal, coffee, milk, tea, fresh fruit - the list goes on and on..., but don't get me wrong you could be served breakfast in bed too.

Get this one morning I work up 15 minutes late. Breakfast had ended, but I was not sure so I call the front desk. "Yes, you missed breakfast, but listen...one sec. we know you have come a long way...let me see what we can do". Next thing I know I was told to come right down and breakfast would be prepared for me. I was shocked! From front desk staff to the fine hotel manager, VINNY, I was completely satisfied! Vinny made every effort to speak with me each time he saw me to make sure my stay was going well. He wore a fine suit each day and his staff were dressed professionally as well. I completely feel in love with Vinny's manor and professional way. I appreciated in the way he spoke and tended to his staff. I believe they appreciate him too.

I felt safe being a guess at this loving hotel.

For the price and in comparison to most hotels in NY you simply are getting your monies worth. Where can you go and have a full breakfast and hotel stay for under 140.00? Most times no where! Oh and if you need more to eat there are several fast foods and restaurants, including there Ramada Inn's near by, morning and evening. It was wonderful not having to search for breakfast or dinner in a city I was not that familiar with.

My final offering to anyone who wish to stay at the Adria is - take the chance with this safe affordable place away from home. Especially those persons who do not live in NY. The Adria staff and Manager are terrific because they go the extra mile to educate you on how to take the buses, train and tell you what is what. I left the Adria feeling sad and like I was leaving family behind, you will too.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed October 29, 2009

We stayed there for one night for an engagement party. The hotel parking area was poorly marked and the lot closed at 11 pm - forcing us to find parking on the street. Our room wasn't very large - actually smaller than a room that we stayed in in Times Square for less $ the night before. The rate was too much. The heater made loud noises every 20 minutes during the night and when we complained the next morning and asked for a discount - we were told by the lady at the desk that she couldn't do anything for us since we didn't let them know when it started happening. (Personally I wasn't going to have a maintenance person walking around my room at 2 AM!) I would not recommend this location at all!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
Maryland
Reviewed January 12, 2009

We stayed at the Adria Hotel on November 22nd, 2008 to go to a show at The Queensborough College Performing Arts Center, and it was great. The front desk staff was very helpful during our short stay. They went out of their way to accomodate our requests and answer our questions. The room was immaculate, quiet and beds were comfortable. We had to check out very early the next morning, to catch a train and were able to eat breakfast at the complimentary breakfast buffet, before we left. It was delicious and had a little bit of everything to suit everyone. The LIRR railroad is about 10 blocks away. We had planned to take a taxi to the hotel, just because it was 25 degrees that day. But to our surprise, there were no taxi's riding around looking for passengers, like in New York City. We ended up walking the 10 blocks, which would have been fine if it hadn't been so cold. We later found that you can call for a taxi, which we did at the hotel, since we did not have a car. There is a wonderful restaurant, at the Ramada Inn, next door (same owner as Adria). It is called Marbella. I would call it Spanish Mediteranean food. It was fabulous!!! We had a late lunch there and went back, after the show for a light dinner. Excellent food and service!! I would highly recommend this hotel, if you need a nice place to stay while in Bayside.

• Liked — Location close to LIRR and Queensborough College
  • Disliked — Only had one very small elevator.
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with friends
1 Thank DonnaLynnMaryland
Boston, MA
Reviewed September 14, 2007

My wife and I stayed at the Adria for the US Open finals. The hotel was extremely convenient to the LIRR and Arthur Ashe Staduim. The neighborhood was comfortable and the restaurants were quite good. There is a fantastic Mediterranean restaurant on Bell Blvd as well as many other dining choices. The breakfast at the hotel was included and plentiful, the rooms were clean and quite, and the cab ride to LaGuardia was only 15-20 minutes and $24.00. This hotel is a great value.

• Stayed September 2007
3 Thank Matty611
New York
Reviewed September 8, 2007

Stayed for the US Open Tennis and getting back and forth couldn't have been easier. The hotel is a short walk to the train LIRR that takes you to Shea Stadim. It is also the same train into the city which took about 25 minutes. The gal who checked us in was very knowledgeable about train and subway service. The room was clean and had updated furnishings. Breakfast was great and parking was included. A great value for being so close to NYC!

• Liked — Close to EVERYTHING!!
  • Disliked — No shuttle to airport but a quick cab ride away.
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
3 Thank kevinsags
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bayside
Best Western Queens Gold Coast
Wyndham Garden Fresh Meadows Flushing
The Parc Hotel
The Parc Hotel
#5 of 18 in Flushing

Been to Adria Hotel And Conference Center? Share your experiences!