“Good value for New York”

Adria Hotel And Conference Center
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Bayside
Texas
“Good value for New York”
Reviewed March 18, 2014

I stayed there for a few days so I think I have a fair assessment of the facility.
It is an old hotel and it seems to be fairly well maintained and even under remodeling, although the remodeling seems to be progressing somewhat slowly. I stayed a number of days and no progress was made on new carpeting (which looks like is just partially replaced) or wall paper in the halls.
There are both pros and cons on my stay:
Pros: Big number ONE – Everything is clean. I had clean beds, a clean bathroom, clean refrigerator and clean carpet and spotless white fluffy towels. The maid service is meticulous and friendly and accommodating. TWO – Everyone is friendly and helpful. If you have a problem they want to know to help make your visit pleasant. The maid service is meticulous and friendly and accommodating. THREE- Lots of “bang for the buck”. Breakfast is included. Parking is included, although tight parking spots, I always found one open, and some are covered. Coffee service in room and special machine in lobby is included. FOUR- Location walking distance to many restaurants and not too far from Bayside rail station for that trip into Manhattan.
Cons: Needs to be updated. There is work in progress for wallpaper and carpet in halls, but elevator floor is disgusting. Someone down the hall from me smoked a cigar and the smell was overwhelming in the hall, fortunately it did not penetrate into my room. Old hotel means OLD CLANGING PIPES. Could have just been the location of my room, but on the days when the temperatures required more heat the old pipes clang like a demolition construction might be going on the other side of the bathroom wall. This happens anytime during the night or day (unfortunately mostly the wee hours of the morning.)

I would stay again, but I hope they finish on the remodeling.

Room Tip: I had a room across from the elevator, maybe pipe clang would be less if you got a room down the hal...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank jeansweekends
Vinnie M, General Manager at Adria Hotel And Conference Center, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Dear Jeansweekends,

First of all, thank you for staying with us at the Adria Hotel, and for responding to our Survey.

I am very glad you enjoyed the cleanliness and comfort of our rooms, our Customer Services, our complimentary breakfast, as well as the multiple amenities we offer in our establishment.
I would like however to apologize about the constructions going on, as well as the noise due to the pipes. We are indeed in the process to renovate our establishment, and the work, unfortunately, doesn't go as fast as we expected.

We would be thrilled to welcome you back, once everything is done, and we would be happy to see you in our sister property, the Best Western Hotel, right next door from us, if you need to come back in the area in the meantime. The Best Western Hotel has been renovated last summer, and I am sure you will enjoy it as much as the Adria, if not better.
Please be also aware that we do offer complimentary access to the Best Western Gym facility, 24 hours / day, regardless of which of our two properties you will be staying at.

Please feel free to contact me directly at 7186315900 is I can be of any assistance,

Best regards

Adria Hotel and Conference Center, Bayside NY

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Korean first
Reviewed February 25, 2014

I knew when I pulled in this was not the place to be. Elevator was falling apart. The lobby was decrepit. The hallway leading to our room was in need of repair and smelled like wet paint. (There were signs stating under renovation... Didn't see what they could be renovating) The room was falling apart and the sheets were stained. We checked out and headed next door to the Best Western. Which to my surprise was clean and the same price. Avoid this hotel at all costs.

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank Melissa223x
Vinnie M, General Manager at Adria Hotel And Conference Center, responded to this review, March 8, 2014
Thank you for choosing the Adria Hotel and Conference Center for your recent stay in Bayside, New York. It was our pleasure to have the opportunity to serve you. We are however very sorry that we didn't meet your expectations during your stay.

As you could see when you were here we are undergoing some renovations. Currently the renovation is focused on the public areas of the hotel; specifically the hallways. All the carpeting, wallpaper, paint and moldings are being changed completely. I apologize that the smell of paint lingered and bothered you upon arrival. We actually try to keep our renovations to weekdays during business hours since most of our guests are outside the building during this time period. We make every attempt to air out the hallways prior to our guests returning to or checking in to the building. We also don’t do any renovation work in the evenings or weekends when we feel that it would disturb our guests the most. Again, we are so very sorry you were bothered by the paint smell. The signs were accurate but they probably were not actively working while you were there. In regards to the elevator, we are not really sure what you found to be below standard but we would love to speak to you and get your feedback directly so that we may correct anything that might be deemed unacceptable by you or any of our guests.

As for our guestrooms we did renovate them just a few years ago so we are disappointed that they didn't meet your expectations. What is totally unacceptable is the fact that you found stained sheets in your room. This should never happen but we assure you that if you had given us the opportunity to resolve this we would have done so immediately. We also will use your feedback to train our employees and make sure that no other guest has to experience this in the future.

We take great pride in our accommodations and the service we provide and it is very upsetting to hear that your experience was less then stellar. We are sorry to hear about the difficulties you had during your stay but your feedback is very much appreciated. For us the feedback we get, whether it is good or bad, is priceless.

We would love the opportunity to serve you again in the future. Please contact us directly if you wish to further discuss your experience or need anything else.

Best Regards
General Manager, Adria Hotel Bayside, NY
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed February 12, 2014

The hotel was in a decent neighborhood, which I was only somewhat familar with. It had a lot of options for food, including the best fast breakfast ever across the street from it, Dunkin Doughnuts. However the issue is the distance. In order to get into Manhattan you have to take a bus, and then connect to a train. It would take up to 2 hours sometimes to get into Manhattan, unless the express bus is running (which costs $5). The Hotel staff was extremely helpful, including answer questions for me regarding the bus service when I checked in.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Vinnie M, General Manager at Adria Hotel And Conference Center, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
Dear DM L,

First of all, thank you for choosing the Adria Hotel for your stay in New York.

I am glad you have been enjoying our customer care and services.
Our staff was happy to help you with information you needed, and if you decide to stay with us again in the future, please know also that the LIRR train is only 10 minutes walking distance from the Hotel, and takes 25 minutes to go to Manhattan.
The Front Desk staff will be happy to provide you with any further information, including prices and schedule.

If there is anything I could assist you with, please feel free to contact me directly at 7186315900.

Best regards,

Adria Hotel and Conference Center, NY
St. Augustine, Florida
Reviewed January 31, 2014

Convenient to visit friends but crowded and hard to park. Congested and noisy upon checkin. Bed was comfortable and sufficed for one night. Close to Bell boulevard for good food. Also close to the Long Island Railroad.

Room Tip: Higher floor.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Vinnie M, General Manager at Adria Hotel And Conference Center, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Dear Flamingokid5,

I am glad you enjoyed our location and the comfort of our beds.
However, I am sorry the hotel was so busy it made your stay less enjoyable.

Should you come back, please feel free to ask the Front Desk for any assistance, they will be happy to help you with anything.

Best regards

Adria Hotel and Conference Center, Bayside NY
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 17, 2014

I have stayed few days at the Adria, the bedroom was smaller that I could imagine but very clean.
The place is safe and quiet, I slept well :) I asked for a show round and I met Crystal, she did a wonderful job for me. All the staff was very kind and proactive. And for the "gourmets", do not leave the area without going to Martha's Bakery. A big thank you to the Adria team.

Room Tip: No pool but a fitness room open 24 hours
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Vinnie M, General Manager at Adria Hotel And Conference Center, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Dear Gramoune1002

I am glad you enjoyed the location, cleanliness and superior customer care. We are
making customer's comfort, our priority, and our staff will be happy to know they
exceeded your expectations.
Crystal is also very happy she could assist you during your stay.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 7186314900.

Thank you again for taking the time to complete the survey.

Inglewood
Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

I Love this Place!!
The Price is Fair Your Not Stuck Paying a High Price bill
Clean sheets and towels
Quiet so you will Not be bothered by a lot of Chatter
Friendly staff and The Suberb place to Throw A Party

• Stayed January 2014
Dear Steven D

First of all, thank you for staying with us.

I am glad you enjoyed our location, cleanliness and superior customer care. We are
making our customer's comfort, our priority, and our staff will be happy to know they
exceeded your expectations.

Thank you again for taking the time to complete the survey.

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed January 15, 2014

I've been staying at the Adria for many years.Always had a good experience.Clean rooms,helpful staff.The GM always asking if everything is alright. The front desk personnel were nice and helpful. The breakfast was very good.The place was clean.Nice updated rooms.Near the airport and walking distance to the train and many restaurants and right off the parkway..And never had a problem finding a spot on there parking deck.Its the only place I stay when I come to NY.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Vinnie M, General Manager at Adria Hotel And Conference Center, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Dear Pete G,

Thank you for taking our survey and for being a repeat customer in our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed each of your stay with us!

As always, if there is anything I can do to make it even better, please feel free to contact me directly at 7186345900

Adria Hotel, Bayside NY
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bayside
Best Western Queens Gold Coast
#6 of 18 in Flushing
The Roslyn Hotel
The Roslyn Hotel
#1 of 3 in Roslyn

Been to Adria Hotel And Conference Center? Share your experiences!