“Timeless at the Adria”

Adria Hotel And Conference Center
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Bayside
Reviewed August 19, 2012

The Adria Hotel was a great choice of venue for our event entitled "Timeless"!!! For one, it is located in a very convenient location, being literally seconds away from the highway. Next, the staff at the Adria is very kind and helpful. In the planning of our event, the staff took the time to address any and all of our concerns and come the day of our event, they were there to assist with final touches. We even got a room for the day as a place to change our clothes and freshen up for the event. From all of the great service we received with the ballroom, I shouldn't have been surprised that the room would meet our expectations as well. All in all, we had a successful event at the Adria and we look forward to future events at this venue.

• Stayed: August 2012
5  Thank Travelcake624

Reviewed August 3, 2012

We had stayed here twice. Staff was nice. Free parking a plus. Clean room. Stayed at a Queen suite last time we were here. Bigger than the regular queen room, had a sofa which was nice. Only issue was the AC was kind of weak, it was set to the coldest setting when we arrived, but room was still warm. It was this past July, so it was a bit uncomfortable during the day. Other than that, overall stay was nice and there wasn't anything that would prevent me from coming back again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank W E
Reviewed August 3, 2012

The Adria Hotel is located in a prime area. You will find yourself a few minutes away from most airports and major highways, which makes it ideal for booking a company outing. My company decided to use this location for a full day training session that I would be leading and as I do with all off site training, I decided to stay at the hotel the night before so that the morning of, I would have no problems.

Room- I stayed in room 355. The room was freezing cold when i entered it but with a quick adjustment to the AC, it was soon at a comfortable level. The overall lighting in the room was great. There were many options that allow you to have light in certain sections of the room, which is great to have if you were sharing the room with someone and they were sleeping while you were working.
Once I got settled, I started working on some last minute adjustments to my training session at the provided table and chair. The chair in the room was quite comfortable and I had no problems with noise or spacing so I was able to breeze through my work. As I finished up, I entered the bathroom to take a shower and i found the facilities to be quite small. The shower is big but there is barely enough room to walk around. When I finished taking a shower I hopped into bed and I have to say that the bed I had at the Adria was very comfortable. Within minutes, I was asleep.

Conference Rooms and Service: The next morning I headed downstairs to start prepping Salon A and B for my company's training. The space was perfect for our training session due to its ample lighting options and space. The attending staff was always present during our time there and responded swiftly to any request we had. Crystal, who had been assigned to us by the hotel when we booked our space, was especially helpful during the process.
One thing that we did not like about the space was how old the chairs and table linen looked. I believe these things are in need of a facelift; either reupholster the chairs or buy new ones. The table linens should be completely chairs replaced.
Overall, the experience I had at the Adria was pleasant and the space served its purpose. The staff that was present was also very helpful. However if the Hotel wants a five star review, they must address the furniture in their conference rooms.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank Ricardo S
Reviewed July 26, 2012

If this hotel matched in quality the two fellows I met on the front desk and the clean and oh so comfortable bed, this hotel would be booked for months in advance... I was really impressed with the friendly, courteous and helpful front desk guys and the clean and beautifully comfortable bed. Not so with the "free" breakfast which was limited and unappealing. I found a small Vietnamese restaurant less than 10 minutes walk away (Mekong East I think) and enjoyed a delicious and well priced dinner there and organic, freshly prepared juice and take out choices at nearby (ish) health food place near to gym another short walk away. Worth the walks. Interesting neighbourhood for an overseas traveller like me (solo femaile). The bathroom was clean and served its purpose but this hotel really needs a bit of "tarting up" to gain newer, bigger crowds. It was busy whilst I was there but rather characterless (apart from the lovely front desk). Also very helpful (and fascinating) was local cab firm Two by Four (or Four by Two) who went out of their way to make sure I got to my destinations safely. Interesting and very efficient, kind, friendly drivers. Thank you!

Room Tip: I was on Floor 1 overlooking carpark. Outside was quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Jane F
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I enjoyed staying at the Adria. Crystal, who works the front desk was great! She went out of her way to make our trip special. Keep in mind this is not a 5-star hotel but it is a very nice hotel for the 100.00 or so a night price range. The rooms are clean, the staff is friendly, the hot breakfast is good, and the rooms are a good size. I had no issues during our stay. I will say DO NOT let them put you in the Ramada next door, It may be the sister property but nowhere near as nice as the Adria. I was thankful for the parking as well. For the price the two things that sold me was the hot breakfast and the parking. I would certainly recommend this hotel for travelers on a budget but still wanting a good level of service.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Linette P
Reviewed June 30, 2012

Booked a room for 2 nights based on the reviews and recommendation from St John's website for a event at St Johns. When I got there at 10:30 pm I was told by the person at the desk that our room was at the Ramada. I purposely did not book at the Ramada due to the reviews. We were told it is the same hotel , same owners and nicer beds at the Ramada.....so we have to walk out through the dirty doors ,through the dirty drive way, up the block, with our suitcases , to check into an even dirtier place.
I never saw the rooms at the Adria - went for the breakfast - I can say the eggs were hot ...that is about it. Checked out of the hotel after the first night - felt like I had to take another shower after leaving there. I have contacted the hotel about another issue and would like to give them a chance to call me back before I list it ----but my recommendation would be to make sure you know which hotel they are putting you in before you get to the lobby.
I will be contacting St John's to have them reconsider the recommendation on their website and sending people here - this does not reflect well on the school and absolutely was not worth the discounted price.
Adria - shame on you for the bait and switch game you are playing on those of us from out of town and are trusting the local university with recommending you.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Eileen C
Management response:Responded July 3, 2012

Ms Ciotti,
I am glad that I was able to speak to you over the phone yesterday regarding your stay at Ramada Adria Hotel. As per our conversation I have made adjustment to your account. I hope you will give us another chance and stay with us again in the near future. Congratulations on you daughters graduation from St. John's University.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

I stayed here because I don't like "modern" hotels, as they are bland and have no character. The Adria is a good choice for folks who feel like I do. Yes, the room was a bit small (not an issue, you're there to sleep, not host a gala) but clean. Outside noise was not an issue. The staff was helpful, pointing out the parking and breakfast locations. The parking was a bit dicey, with tight turns and small spaces, but manageable. Breakfast was a cut above, not in selection, but in taste. All in all, a good stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank John H
Management response:Responded July 3, 2012

Thank you for your kind words about your stay at Adria Hotel and Conference Center. I am so delighted to hear that you had a good stay. I will make sure I will pass your comments to our staff members. Comments from guests like you make us feel proud and work harder in future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bayside
Best Western Queens Gold Coast
Wyndham Garden Fresh Meadows Flushing
Ramada Flushing Queens
Ramada Flushing Queens
#11 of 18 in Flushing

Been to Adria Hotel And Conference Center? Share your experiences!