“great food & service”

Bourbon Street Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Bourbon Street Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 150 Restaurants in Bayside
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Between 40th & 41st Ave
Transit: LIRR - Port Washington Line - Bayside Stop We are located 1/2 block north of the train station.
Description: 12 years in business
New York City, New York
“great food & service”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Celebrated my birthday last night with my husband at Bourbon Street. Not exactly the most romantic venue, with the dozen TV's and noisy bar, but we had a nice table near the fireplace in the dining room adjacent to the bar. There is another dining area with the same table setup, which would be better served with booths and cozy tables for two, for those inclined to have a quiet romantic dinner. But, it's Bourbon Street, so maybe it's supposed to be rowdy. The food and service makes up for the loud atmosphere. The owner stopped to talk with diners and the staff were all courteous and friendly. We started with the BBQ shrimp, served in a spicy sauce with garlic bread for dipping - delicious!! and a daily special Buffalo Chicken Mac 'n Cheese. This was probably the best thing I ever ate. Penne pasta with 2 kinds of gooey cheeses, was topped with blue cheese and buffalo white meat chicken and baked. It was so good that we ate some and took the rest home to enjoy it again at home. Salad was next - a nice serving of mixed lettuce with carrots & tomatoes. For entrees, the Louisiana blackened chicken - 2 boneless breasts covered with ham & mozzarella and roasted peppers in a spicy wine sauce. I chose the sweet mashed potatoes, (which were made even better with the house made Maple Pecan Butter that's brought with the basket of warm & delicious biscuits & rolls). The entree portion was huge and that came home with us as well. The seafood gumbo was loaded with shrimp & huge scallops - spicy & tasty. By this time there was absolutely no room for dessert, but I'm glad I have my leftovers to enjoy

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank katmiller

• Korean first
Douglaston, New York
“Just terrible”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

We had not been here for several years, but it was raining and it was close-by for X'mas shopping. The food was just terrible. No taste whatsoever, from appetizer to entree. service was OK and place was lively but the food was just plain bad. It was also quite expensive for a bar joint.

• Visited December 2012
Bayside, New York
“Fantastic Filet Mignon Au Poivre”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

This past saturday me and my wife went to the old homestead on 9th ave in NYC to try out this steakhouse. We usually go to Uncle jacks when we want steaks but i read good reviews about the old homestead, so we gave it a try. Both of us Had Filet Mignon Au Poivre and we had a very enjoyable very tasty meal. A bit pricey but very good. Fast Foward to Sunday and after watching Football all day and my wife and Kids all X-mas shopping, I told them lets go to Bourbon Street on Bell Blvd for some burgers and French Onion soup (the best) .. When we got there We were all ready to order our usual Food (me- Pizzaburger and french Onion soups and the wife and Kids the Murphy's Pasta.We were given a Sunday night Specials menu and on it this Sunday Was Filet Mignon Au Poivre. Well the wife and Kids all ordered the Murphy's Pasta and me feeling hungry decided to have the Filet Mignon Au Poivre for the 2nd day in a row. Well let me tell you this was the tastiest piece of meat I have had in a long time.On a scale of 10-1 this was a solid 10. the peppercorns and the sauce was great. I only wish this was on the Menu everytime we come to eat instead of just being a sometime special.
And also the price was great at $29.99 AND THE WINNER OF THE WEEKEND IS BOURBON ST

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank Tommy O
New York City, New York
“Do not got there for brunch!”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Food was freezing cold and not good. I have been for dinner and it was a little bit better. Also not a bad place to go for just a drink.

• Visited December 2011
Hollywood, Florida
“Great place from breakfast to close!”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

From Friday night's bar scene to Sunday brunch, this place has it all. Great place ti mingle and has a DJ a few nights out of the week. A great place to watch sporting events. Sunday brunch is fantastic and the food is as good as NOLA. The crab cakes are to die for and don't forget to try the train wreck fries.

• Visited October 2012