“Refreshing and relaxing!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

We only eat here when it's warm enough to sit out on the patio. Food is usually pretty good nOt gourmet more like upscale diner items. The pita bread with humus and feta that comes when you sit is really tasty. Zucchini chips with taziki sauce are really good. My wife and I usually split some apps and a salad with some cocktails. Sometimes there is music on fri or sat night.

1  Thank Shoutinguncle

Reviewed September 23, 2012

This was our second time visiting Veranda. The first was a brunch when we had the delicious kobi hamburger. We wanted to try out dinner here this time. The restaurant is very modern with a wonderful ambiance. The waiters and maitre'd are polite and very attentive to us. We get a window booth seat looking out to the outdoor seating area. We ordered the lamb chop and chicken parm and both were excellent. Prices are very similar to Manhattan prices without traveling all the way out the city. Nice time and the meal was very enjoyable. Will definitely be back for seconds and thirds.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

I met a friend here based on the location and reviews. The reviews were spot on, the food was very tasty, and the lunch menu had a nice selection. My salad was full of a generous helping of fresh mango and avocado.The valet parking is great since we didn't have to search for parking in that busy area. We sat outside on the front patio, and other than the occasional large truck, we felt like we were in a park. The inside looked elegant. The service was wonderful, the waiter kept bringing ice to cool our drinks, and they didn't rush us as my friend and I talked for several hours. I highly recommend this lovely place and will definitely return.

Reviewed June 11, 2012

I came here with family for a special celebration. The restaurant has all the ingredients for being outstanding: fabulous food, an elegant atmosphere, superb services, and great drinks. The staff are very accommodating. We shared calamari, fried zucchini, and the salad sampler for appetizer. For dinner we had seafood orzo, tuna, and branzino. All were delicious. I highly recommend the restaurant.

2  Thank DrKatieRN
Reviewed May 16, 2012

Very good food both quality and variety, friendly efficient staff, good ambiance. Best onion soup ever! Get free desert if you show them your tickets from the nearby Queensboro Community College Theatre. Overall- a satisfying dining experience.

1  Thank Paul G