“haven't been there in years”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Leggios Delicatessen
Ranked #65 of 140 Restaurants in Bay Shore
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed March 23, 2014

but back in the 80's we used to be regulars until we went there 1 day and there were cats with free roam behind the counter ,that was my last time

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Hard to find unless u know the area, got to excuse the antiquated exterior and interior of leggios, but that's part of the leggios legacy. Been going there for my Italian heros since 1999, forget about subway or blimpies, there a little slow making those heroes, but well worth the wait!

2  Thank BSvin
Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

This is by far the best place for a hero. The Italian with sweet pepper is absolutly amazing. Poor Joe is geeting old and waiting for a sandwich is taking way too long buts its worth it. For the last 10 years Joe would ask how are my wife and kids. I gave up tellIng him I have no wife and kids. Now I just go with it. I no longer live in Bayshore but still order all my 6ft hero from Joe. Simply the best

1  Thank Honest_1Reviews
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Leggios Deli is a Bay Shore Classic. What wonderful memories and what a kind and caring individual is Joe. He remembered me from 50 years ago, “is your uncle still a motorcycle cop?’ Your cousin Billy still playing the guitar?” Amazing, he must be pushing close to 80 but he is still sharp as a tack! Don't let the appearance of the place turn you off, the subs are out of this world!

1  Thank Ken433
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I have been going to Leggios for at least 30 years. The place is run by brothers Louis and Joe. I think Joe knows everyone in Bay Shore and greets you like he has known you all his life. Don't let the appearance of the place turn you off. It is on the run down side, but you go here for the sandwich not the atmosphere. The Italian is the best, but the Roast Beef and the Turkey are also quite good. They are huge and much less than at other places. They make a great party hero too.