“Very nice once again”

Ranked #6 of 140 Restaurants in Bay Shore
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

We have been to Fat Fish on many an occasion, & it has never disappointed. Only once, after Sandy, when they were barely open did we not have a good experience. To be expected.
Today, Fathers Day my wife & I went.
Service was excellent. Bus was great.
Food ( we both ordered off the special menu) was very good.
Contrary to the mediocre reviews on yelp, this place is a nice visit all around.

Reviewed June 15, 2014

Stopped in for Fathers Day and as usual everything was perfect.
For starters we had the sautéed scallops, clams in a white sauce and chips of pancetta, cherry tomatoes. Excellent! Our entry was the days special Mahi Mahi assorted vegetables, roasted potatoes all sitting on a light layer of some orange flavored sauce. Excellent flavor and presentation. The chef hit a home run on this one. Execution for ordering, delivery and friendly service was by Jordan. As usual excellent!!
Our all time summer spot for fine dining with an exceptional view of the Great South Bay. Stop by, you will not be disappointed!

Reviewed June 3, 2014

We recently had our daughters communion party at Fat Fish Wine Bar. The restaurant is right on the water, gorgeous views. We were in the wine room and the deck off the side was perfect for my guest to sit outside and enjoy the perfect weather. The food was excellent and the dessert buffet was a huge hit. The best part? The service. The manager Cindy went above and beyond and answered all of my questions and helped me plan the menu too. The staff assigned to us were excellent! Asking my guests if they needed a drink or anything else. They took such good care of us. I cannot thank Fat Fish enough for making my daughters day so special. All of our guests told us how amazing the restaurant was and that they can't wait to go back for dinner. I HIGHLY recommend Fat Fish.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

Waterside view - delicious food - good service - priced right - fun, live music!
What more could you ask for on a Sunday?
Very enjoyable time just the two of us or if we were 20!
The music was great! The food was tasty!
They have a great pairing menu as well -
well worth stopping by!

Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

I have no idea what people ate here that they enjoyed. We were a party of 4 and we tried 3 appetizers, a soup and 3 types of fish and a chicken dish. The meal began with stale bread that we had to send back. The appetizers were no better- we had mussels, scallops and cheese bread. The mussels were supposed to be in a white sauce but it really was just fishy water. The lobster bisque was all butter and we had to send that back too. The fish we ordered were salmon, halibut and mako. None were truly edible. Sadly even the roasted chicken was chewy. The only edible food was actually the cheese bread. When the waitress asked how everything was -my husband said it was the worst food I've ever had. No one even came over to say anything. Please do NOT even consider eating here.

1  Thank Mary M