“horrible experience”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Bay Shore
Bronx, New York
“horrible experience”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

we checked in late at this property after a long drive expecting to have a comfortable night to soothe our tiredness.We had no problem checking in.the king non smoking room we requested was worse than a smoking room.the room was dirty and smelly,comforter on the bed smelled like cat urine and we had to remove it from the bed. mattress was awkward and noisy.In fact it was our worst nightmare,and i will never ever recommend this motel to any of my friends. it would have been better spending the night in our suv than to encounter such a horrible experience.

Room Tip: room 18 is a nightmare.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank frank t

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Albany, New York
Reviewed January 8, 2012

I work next to this place...its so funny reading what you all have to say and everything that you think is wrong and bad about it...TIMES IT BY 10!! Dust on the baseboard HAHAHAHAHA thats the last thing you should be complaining about. I'm not going into details but if you want to right a book about welfare and why this country is in the shape its in today...just spend a weekend night at the Red Carpet Inn. Sleep tight and dont let the transsexual with AIDS bite.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank bob b

Travelers are raving about these Bay Shore hotels

Reviewed September 14, 2011

Not a five Star but it's Quite and charming inside clean from what I saw what are people saying this place is sweet. I stayed for little while and it was good. Updated my room was don't know about other rooms but mine was romantic

• Stayed September 2011
2 Thank Diamondsforever22
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed August 30, 2011

OMG- Stay AWAY--this place is horrendous. It must be some kind of welfare hotel throwback to the 1970's 42nd street. It appears that drug deals and prostitution are going on. Characters are walking back and forth all night. A woman banged on our door after midnight yelling "let me in, it's me".

We were stuck there due to Hurricane Irene when Fire Island was evacuated. My pillow smelled like cheap perfume-- which made me realize the sheet was not clean. So I sat up all night on the filthy chair that I wiped down with clorex wipes that I had to go out in the storm to buy.

We asked for a wake up KNOCK (no phones) to get the first ferry back to Fire Island which we never got, even though they promised to do this. Luckily I was up all night.

Also, if you love your car, stay away. Between the worker's relatives (young wild kids) and the welfare recipients kids' riding bikes, playing ball etc in the car parking area, your car is in danger.

I would rather sleep in my car.

Internet did not work before storm. After storm, no internet, phone or tv. Staff acted as if we were asking for too much for them to contact Cablevision. If they saved money from Cablevision for not having service, they did not pass it along to me.

Dirty, nast staff, illegal activity STAY AWAY

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed August 22, 2011

I'm generally not fussy about motel rooms but clean is a MUST!! Room #38 was an
absolute disgrace. If I hadn't paid $173 in FULL at the time of booking I would have RUN
out of there. We only stayed one night because we were attending a wedding in the area.
I don't know where the rooms are that are shown online. Ours was tiny...and dirty!! We
didn't want to sleep on the sheets but the bedspread was just as bad. After the wedding
my husband fell asleep on the bedspread and I curled up in my SUV an went to sleep.
Even at 2 a.m. I couldn't bring myself to lay on that bed. Everything is OLD and dirty. The
shower stall was all discolored [black], the walls stained, the side of the TV all stained
with something...soda, or worse! Doorway of entrance & bathroom are all chipped, uh,
just a total MESS! It was robbery at $173 for the night!! Stay away!!! The pictures shown
are NOT at 501 E. Main Street., in fact I didn't see ANY of what those pictures showed.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank AnniePeek
Carol Stream
Reviewed May 11, 2011

Can't complain. It was what you'd expect for the money. The pros are it is walking distance from a strip mall and the ferry. Plus you can catch the bus if you want to get into the city. For a few nights it was fine. Like the person below me said, it can get kind of noisy outside but for the money and a few nights it was fine.

Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank MGOODY1
New Jersey
Reviewed October 15, 2010

Very ordinary, small room - pretty much what you would expect for this chain. The motel is located between a garden apartment complex and a strip mall, but it was fairly quiet at night except for some idiot who banged loudly on the door of one of the nearby rooms. Definitely not a place that I'd want to plan a vacation around, but OK for the 1 night that I needed to stay in the area.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
La Quinta Inn & Suites Islip MacArthur Airport
Hampton Inn Long Island/Commack
Hampton Inn Long Island/Islandia
Hilton Garden Inn Islip/MacArthur Airport

Been to Travelodge Bay Shore Long Island? Share your experiences!