“Musty and outdated”
Review of Bay Shore Inn

Bay Shore Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Bay Shore
Reviewed July 12, 2013

We spent about an hour (not even one night) in our room and couldn't stand it any longer, so we left and made reservations at another place in the aria. The shower stall floor needed more elbow grease and the windows were dirty. The air conditioner was not helping at all to reduce the odor - the lighting and color of the room were a dingy combination. This place needs a lot more than wifi.

Room Tip: Pay attention to the reviews
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank James H
There are newer reviews for Bay Shore Inn

Reviewed June 21, 2013

To start off is too expensive for what u get, stinky room, old crapy phone, Blankets with cigarettes burn holes, a 1980 TV, filthy carpet, Broken mirrors on the wall, no outlets to plug anything, 1 small cheap bar soap, and to top it off the wifi was out of service. They have a huge sign in front of the building that says "Newly renovated rooms and Free wifi" Are this people are serious? All they trying to do is to rip people off, don't advise what you don't offer to your guests, the worst place in town, don't wais your money is more comfortable to sleep in your car after a long trip than there. I don't recommended to anyone especially if you have kids, all you see is prostitutes and druggies all over the building. Is a 0 star trashy motel.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank aidaluv
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Asked for a none smoking room, got one butting up to a smoking room where the draft draws smoke from next door. Opened the window to get some fresh air and was surprised to find the window sill was used as an ash tray and stuffed with butts, ashes, and matches. Ready to jump into bed to catch up on sleep after a drive across country, and find cigarrette burns on every layer of bedding. If I wasn't so tired I would have complained but realized I wouldn't get too far with the cigarrette smoking front desk lady, so I used my own pillows and sleeping bag.

Room Tip: Don't stay here, pay the extra 20 or 30 for a room somewhere nicer, can't get any worse.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Unvacuumed floors, everything has a dingey look and feel. However linens & towels were changes daily. Bathroom cleaned daily also.
Several repairs were needed ... Cracked mirror, furniture is gross old and dirty and unstable. Towel rack broke and a syringe slipped out of the hollow part. THE SHARP WAS STILL ATTACHED!! Staff was very polite. Sketchy "guests" staying in rooms surrounding mine. This place has a "covert operation" feel. Creepy. It was free because I spent the entire week complaining... Also, the syringe incident

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Dog got sick, so needed something last minute quick quick close to the animal hospital. $90 got me a room, but it wasn't worth more than $20. Was simply awful. Hookers, and smokers and yellers - and that was just the lobby view.

Simply awful.
Sheets thin. Pillows and blanket just gross.
The landscaping between the street and the hotel property would have been cleaner.

Truth be told, it's a hooker or "love" motel.
It's not for thoughtful, clean people looking for a descent night's sleep.

Room Tip: there is no good room here.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank bradlamm
Reviewed July 30, 2012

pretty good place for the money. Had a couple issues with this place. The showers fluxuate from hot to cold to hot in a matter of seconds,and when i say hot im talking scolding hot. The other think was the maid took a mattress pad that we had for medical reasons. We told the front desk and it was found by the next morning. The staff was very friendly. Convienent place for us. We were there 3 nights cuz we were visiting my brother in law. I felt safe in my room. Not sure what these other reviews are all about. I priced alot of motels in the area and this was the cheapest. So for the price it was ok. No problems

Room Tip: you pay for what you get. pretty good for the price in bayshore.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 5, 2012

Really.

That writer who just visited in March? Sadly, it was the only review I read. I'm now deeply suspicious of his lone contribution. At any rate, his tolerance should not be emulated by the rest of us who expect something at least decent for $90 a night. At that WAS the price. Ninety , flat--not ninety plus taxes (city, state, or other). Ninety, pal, take it or leave it. Paying, I had the unmistakable impression most patrons use cash.

A few specifics:

Forget your shampoo? I did, but I drove to the 7-11 rather than put $1.50 in the lobby vending machine for a small foil packet of off-brand.

Wish to shower? Be very careful. This is an event for the nimble only. Dodging in and out of the water as it shifted unpredictably from scalding to frigid was near-dangerous and certainly contra-indicated for those who are not cat-quick first thing in the morning. This happened every few seconds as (presumably) other guests turned a tap or flushed a toilet. I finally gave up, shut the water off, soaped up, and dared a quick rinse.

That $90 price tag is a brilliant ploy. The Bay Shore is on par with places for which I’ve gladly paid $33 when I was in the middle of nowhere and my next option was an hour distant. Clean linen and a door that locked were about all to be expected. Here I got little else and—not sure of that lock—I did stick chair under the door knob, prompted by my gut to a pathetic imitation of some 1940’s B movie. (No, I’m not usually paranoid, but we all saw Psycho, right?) Had the price been $33—or anything fairly representing the value—I’d have been forewarned.

Now, at least, you are.

La Quinta Inn & Suites Islip MacArthur Airport
Hampton Inn Long Island/Commack
Holiday Inn Express Hauppauge
Hampton Inn Long Island/Islandia

Been to Bay Shore Inn? Share your experiences!