“Wow! I'm Impressed!”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
North Massapequa, New York
“Wow! I'm Impressed!”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We just dined with another couple at The Lake House this past Saturday night. I had never heard of it, but was intrigued by the great reviews. Well, I can honestly say that I have a new "among my very favorite" restaurant to enjoy. Everything - from the decor, the seating, the (lack of) noise level, the service, and especially the food was exemplary! We enjoyed four appetizers, four entrees, and four desserts, and can't think of anything that was less than excellent. One appetizer (mine) was a liver assortment: two pates and some duck liver wrapped in bacon, with toast points. All were excellent, assuming that you have a taste for liver, of course. another appetizer was a risotto with mushrooms, which was great but to me is more of a side dish than an app. the two ladies had a crab soup that was served in a different manner: the bowl was presented with a dollop of crab meat in the center, and a few little dabs of Crème fraîche ... no soup! Then our waiter showed up with a teapot and filled the bowls with the soup itself, which was fantastic.

Our entrees included some Montaul tilefish, a pompano dish, some seared scallops, and, in my case, some really delicious chicken served with pearl onions, some pea pods, and a wonderful stuffing that contained mushrooms and prosciutto. Everyone raved about their dishes and, in my case, I don't think I've ever enjoyed chicken in a restaurant so much.

I'm not much of a dessert fan so I ordered the ice cream assortment, which included a scoop of a cabernet-blackberry delight. I sampled my wife's banana bread pudding, which I could have easily devoured.

all-in-all, a wonderful dining experience, at a wonderful place situated on a scenic duck pond (it was formerly the Duck Pond Inn). I would highly recommend this as a "special occasion" night out; it certainly wasn't inexpensive, but worth every cent.

I'll be back!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Michael B

Merrick, New York, United States
“Pure Romance”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Finally! Ambiance & a menu to satisfy a foodie and need-to-get-out wife!
First time last night.
Hubby gets brownie points for finding this place. Smart-casual dining.
Beautiful view of lake, wading birds wander by, a little bridge out of Monets Waterlilies.
Menu is small but complete- food was gourmet and delicious. Full & creative bar. Wonderful service staff.
After, we sat by the fire and relaxed.
Perfect.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank ChayaMoont
Plainview, New York
“One Word - Amazing”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Probably the tastiest skirt steak I ever had. The corn soup tasted fresh picked. Everything was done perfect. Nice view of the lake, service was excellent as well. Price reasonable for the outstanding quality. Would highly recommend. Our new favorite local choice.

• Visited August 2013
North Babylon, New York
“great place for dinner”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This restaurant is 5 star - the food is outstanding -M Connors the chef /owner always executes a great meal . The tuna tartar app is outstanding , all fish main courses are first rate . This resatuaurant was rated top 5 in Suffolk county and it is . You will always get a great meal here . The desserts are all homemade and outstanding . Service is always terrific . You definitely need a reservation for fri , sat . A don't miss restaurant

• Visited May 2013
New York City
“In Bay Shore?”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Whodathunkit? A superb, and I mean superb, dining experience.
We were there for my niece's birthday celebration, and were served a 5-course tasting menu [plus dessert] with paired wines. Only the duck breast was not quite up to the quality of the four other dishes -- it was tougher than it should have been. The saucing for the dishes was magnificent. So, too, was the amuse bouche. The vanilla gelato, served on top of a cobbler, was every bit as good as the gelato we had in Bellagio a week ago.

• Visited July 2013